• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Would anybody else find it as cool as I do to take a left and right hand model of the same cheap pump shotgun, weld the receivers and barrels together and make a custom stock? Presto a double barrel pump shot gun.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Granted the stock would most likely be huge so I'd need to put a strap or pistol grip on the fore grip.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Yes, yes it would be SWEET!

That being said you've got a lot of logistics to work out. If you weld to receivers together will you still be able to break it down for cleaning? Will the stock overall be too wide? Will you be breaking any laws?

While you're thinking of a pump action, how about a semi-auto shotgun?

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    It's been done.
    Google Image Result for http://amodestpublication.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/p1060355.jpg

rem1470motiv.jpg

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    yea, i realize that a lot of things could fail, i never said it would be practical. Just pretty much a conversation piece that wastes twice as many shells on one clay.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I think it would be an interesting project to attempt, put my engineering knowledge to work to fix the failures as they arise.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    A gun such as that would be completely useless

and very, very cool :D I would love to have one! The one in the pictures seems to work pretty nicely to be honest.

It is a simple enough concept. Remove both stocks and foregrips. Weld receivers together, weld barrels together, Custom make a new foregrip and stock.

What would the legal ramifications be? is it legal to take two guns with two separate serial numbers and make just one? Would you obliterate the serial on one? It would be neat to have, but I don't know if it would be worth the hassle to do it right. Oh yeah and I can't weld lol.

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    The bottom ejection on an Ithaca type action may be easier to make a double out of than a 870 action, just my two cents, take it for what its worth.

Beat me to it, I had this idea a few years ago and tossed it around with my buddies. We decided on Ithaca 37s, with some sort of chassis to mount both receivers to, as well a buttstock and dual triggers. We drew up a concept, but never got any farther. If you decide to go anywhere with this project, I would be very interested in helping in any way I can.

Top Bottom