• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heffe3434

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    NE Indianapolis
    I'm in the market for a nice SxS. I was looking at a Fox Model B but noticed that new CZ's were going for just a little more. Anyone know anything about CZ doubles?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I love my Fox model B. It's from 1968, it was actually my dads.
    The values on the Savage Fox shotguns has been stedilly rising the last 10 yrs or so. The last nice(really really nice) one I saw for sale was pushing $900. I almsot picked up a well used one in 16ga about 10 yrs ago. It was very used and they still wanted $500. I'd like to get a set of them 12,16,20ga I think they even made then in 28 and 410.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    I had an over-under 20ga. It looked nice and the action opened and locked up like a finer LC Smith. However, the barrel was "painted" not blued. I used some penitrating fluid to help loosen the choke tube, and it disolved the "Finish". I sold it. I have owned a Ithaca SKB 20ga model 100 since 1967. I have hunted and harvested every upland game animal or bird in 5 states. It has had thousands of high and low brass ammo through it and it still locks up tight. The bore is chrome lined. It is the fastest shotgun I have ever owned. Light enough to shoot it one handed. Check out Gunbroker for one. They range in price from $500-$900. Mine is priceless. It is in my will.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have a CZ woodcock O/U in 28 ga. The fit and finish is great, case colored side plates, nice bluing, and shoots great. If the SXS are anything like the O/U, then it would be a great shotgun.

Dave

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    decided if you want new(newer) or old.

winchester 23 r good guns shot them they look good too "made till the late 80's or early 90's"
    all skbs are good quailty the higher the # the fancier it gets. stopped a few years ago
    on shotgunworld.com the cz's r coming in with a good rating.
    still buy new stoegers. they r cheap and wont last a life time.
    browning bss. (browning name should tell the quailty hasnt been made since the the 87

alot of SxS has double triggers. if that isnt your style the newer ones have single triggers.

expect to pay for a orgnial fox, ithica, parker. their r many fakes and similar named suff out there.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    I only hunt rabbits and quail now. Have been using S X S guns for about 30 years now. I like the handling characteristics much better than the more common repeaters. Also the instant availability of 2 chokes. Don't care for ejectors because I like to take my empties out of the field. I also prefer double triggers over singles.
    Have been lucky enough to have owned and hunted with some decent doubles in the past. Had Winchester model 21 in 16 ga. Beautiful gun but it didn't fit me well enough for me to hit with it. Gave up and sold it. If a double doesn't fit you, you will have a hard time hitting game with it. Tried a Remington model 1900 but it shot low for me. There have been about 5 or 6 others that were tried but didn't fit. Then I traded a Winchester 63 for an L. C. Smith featherweight in 16 ga. What a difference. The Smiths fit like they were made for me! Been using it for a long time, now. Bought another Smith last spring. A featherweight 12 ga. choked imp. cyl. and mod. and it really works for me. May look for one in 20 ga. in future.
    You may have to try more than one model/brand of gun until you find one that fits you right. Don/t give up if you don't seem to hit game with the one you have. Try another. After you have experienced a few, you will be able to throw one to your shoulder and pretty much tell weather it will work for you. They're all a little different in fit, and how they're stocked. .....John

Top Bottom