• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HalfCocked

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I posted this on another form but wanted to cross post here for ore options:
    Over at the NRA online store they have these nice looking hooded sweatshirts. Made in the USA, dark colors, and a Velcro front pocket that holds your CCW. Price is a little on the high side. I was going to get one but started wondering what do you do if you are somewhere and want to take it off?
    der.gif
    I am not going to be separated from my gun. How do you you get it out of that pocket and into your waistband or pocket without drawing attention to yourself? Anyone carry this way? I would like to hear how you manage.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Get a gun belt and good holster. Use a hoodie to cover that up. When you take off hoodie the gun remains with you and you are just OCing instead of CCing.

Take the cost of a good holster and gun belt into the equation and go cheap with a hoodie. I think you will be much happier in the long run. I have had a leather gould&goodrich holster since 1985 and I bought it used then. I have had a bullhide belt for 2 years and I am still using it everyday, I have never had a hoodie over a season or two before I stain it or rip it somewhere. Then again I am really hard on stuff.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Get a gun belt and good holster. Use a hoodie to cover that up. When you take off hoodie the gun remains with you and you are just OCing instead of CCing.

Take the cost of a good holster and gun belt into the equation and go cheap with a hoodie. I think you will be much happier in the long run. I have had a leather gould&goodrich holster since 1985 and I bought it used then. I have had a bullhide belt for 2 years and I am still using it everyday, I have never had a hoodie over a season or two before I stain it or rip it somewhere. Then again I am really hard on stuff.

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

And +1 on the Gould and Goodrich holster, I got a nice left handed one for my S&W 66. Great price, great product.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

Good solid and sound advice. I have an Ares Gear Ranger belt that I use for carry and competition and while it wasn't cheap, it flat out is a fantastic belt and carries everything properly. I also use a pancake style holster from Raven and they both together help keep the gun tucked in close to the body. While the notion of having your CCW on you like that is good, it's only really feasible in limited circumstances where a good belt and holster is pretty well universal.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I posted this on another form but wanted to cross post here for ore options:
    Over at the NRA online store they have these nice looking hooded sweatshirts. Made in the USA, dark colors, and a Velcro front pocket that holds your CCW. Price is a little on the high side. I was going to get one but started wondering what do you do if you are somewhere and want to take it off?
    der.gif
    I am not going to be separated from my gun. How do you you get it out of that pocket and into your waistband or pocket without drawing attention to yourself? Anyone carry this way? I would like to hear how you manage.
    The NRA apparel that I have purchased was very high quality. Made in the USA will always cost more than similar clothing made by slave labor. My advice is to get the hoodie and when you need to take it off, go to the nearest port-a-potty or men's room and take the gun out; take off the hoodie and carry on.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Over at the NRA online store they have these nice looking hooded sweatshirts. Made in the USA, dark colors, and a Velcro front pocket that holds your CCW. Price is a little on the high side.

I was thinking about getting one of these too since it's getting cold out and I could wear it on my way to work, store the gun in my car (can't carry where I work), and slip it back into the hoodie when I head home. I agree the price is a little high, but I know I'd get a lot of use out of it.

If you get one before I do let me know how it works out. :)

Top Bottom