just like

Local Gov't is so much better than National Gov't

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    I think PM's decision to have AJ on was calculated - I think he expected AJ to be all crazy. It's perfect - it makes PM look calm and intelligible, and AJ like a true gun "nut"... Mind you, I'm not defending PM here, just observing that to me, it seems PM knew what he wanted out of this, and pretty much got it.

The shame of it is, the local story here gets it right ...

I say enough with the petition to deport PM - plz, gimme a break... you can't ask to deport a guy for using the 1st Amendment because he disagrees (all be it wrongly) with the 2nd Amendment. It doesn't help our position, and makes us look silly. Without having watched the entire thing, chances are I probably support 80% of what AJ had to say, but I 160% disagree with his delivery, because it hurt him, and I think it hurt us.

If, however, you want to inject FACTS into an emotional argument about the PM position/stance/argument for "stricter" controls, I think THIS video is required viewing.

We need to get THIS out there... THIS is the case to be made... THIS is facts bring calmly & clearly delivered to a citizenry begging to be intelligibly informed.

// side note: as a native of New England, I can honestly tell you, Wintram's avatar is probably the best picture of Tommy B I've ever seen. Thank you for that!!

Last edited:

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Like any good little liberal, he uses the most convenient "facts" and pushes them into your face - "Look at my facts! You can't dispute them because I'm calling them facts!!"

Good on them for calling him out.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Nice video. Good. Some additional questions to ponder:

1) Even if someone presented incontrovertible proof (through statistics) that a gun ban or prohibition of some kind resulted in a reduction in crime rate, would that be a justification for the infringement or outright violation of your right to keep and bear arms?

2) If the "crime rate" (however defined) was near 100%, would you be more persuaded to give up some or all of your own or your fellow citizens' right to keep and bear arms?

3) If the "crime rate" (however defined) was near 0%, would you be persuaded to give up some or all of your own or your fellow citizens' right to keep and bear arms?

Last edited:

Silverlie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Anderson
    One of the more statistically unbiased video posts since this whole Morgan fiasco started, its nice to actually see some citation, as opposed to just throwing a number out and yelling "fact" behind every one of them.

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I've always enjoyed watching Fox 19's Reality Checks. +1 to Ben Swann for actually doing his research and presenting a "factual" argument.

Too bad you'll never see this kind of thing on national news programs..:rolleyes:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    WOW I pulled the video of Mr. Jones and the dumb a--. There is nothing wrong with having passion but wow I could not watch the entire thing. That is one wound up cat! Ole Alex needs some BP medicine.

ride22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    WOW I pulled the video of Mr. Jones and the dumb a--. There is nothing wrong with having passion but wow I could not watch the entire thing. That is one wound up cat! Ole Alex needs some BP medicine.

That is the way Alex Jones always is and probably always will be. If you listen to his show you would get used to, then again, when he starts talking about reptilian (spelling?) people I have to turn it off. Overall, he uncovers a lot of stuff long before any of the mainstream guys will touch it.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    That is the way Alex Jones always is and probably always will be. If you listen to his show you would get used to, then again, when he starts talking about reptilian (spelling?) people I have to turn it off. Overall, he uncovers a lot of stuff long before any of the mainstream guys will touch it.

That may be the case but I can't make a habit of listening to all that ultra hyper stuff. As for the clip in question when he was asked about the world trade center, I had to shut it down. I sure won't listen to all that conspiracy jazz. It doesn't make one bit of sense...unless you want it to.

Top Bottom