• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I know a guy who needs some cash and wants to sell his SW40VE. I know nothing about these. I would love to hear from folks with experience with this gun.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Not the best work, but my 9ve was a real trooper. Sold it to finance a new revolver and never looked back, but it was a good gun for what I paid for it. :yesway:

Edited: I have a M&P right now and its amazingly better. Well worth the extra and I would highly recommend it instead of the sigma.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I had a SW40VE a few years ago. It may have changed somewhat since then, but I didn't like it. It had a long, heavy, crunchy trigger and an unpleasant recoil. The price was right, but in retrospect I wish I had saved a little longer and bought a different pistol. I sold it after maybe 6 months.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    despite the older versions and what people say about them, i like my sigma 9mm. it has been 100% reliable for me. yes the trigger is stiff. yes that can be loosened up over time or by a smith. for $250 after rebate and S&W's warranty, why not? it has the best grip on it of any polymer pistol i have shot...including all my tauri and my glock.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    like alot of others have said the trigger pull sux but can be made a little better for free on your own. and it is a littly snappy alot of ppl prefer my pt145 over the 40ve because of that but it is a very good gun and will go bang every single time last i heard you could get one nib for around 350 ish

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I have a second gen 9mm....love it for the money. I have heard that the .40's can be a bit rough on recoil. A rubber grip makes it an entirely different gun. Trigger pull is as stated....long and chunky. Very acurrate. Same as the M&P for the most part....M&P's have stainless slide rails, swapable backstrap, etc.....the design is virtually identical. I think you get what you pay for with these pistols.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Run!!! :rolleyes: from the stigma of the sigma!! and run too the M&P allot better gun for not allot of money more than you would pay for a junk Sigma. :D

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i agree with public servant's post if the price is right then why not i guess?

do you already have a good handgun? if not then i would say pass and save up a little more and get one with a better rep. i have only fired one a few times and i just couldnt get over the trigger. did not like it! doesnt mean others dont though. good luck with your decision

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Run!!! :rolleyes: from the stigma of the sigma!! and run too the M&P allot better gun for not allot of money more than you would pay for a junk Sigma. :D

no way. i might be the only person to say this, but the M&P's grip sucks. i would rather have the sigma. for what the M&P costs, i'd buy a Glock or an XD or a SA 1911 ;)

ajb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I had one, sold it. The trigger was bad, the recoil was bad, and it misfired 20% of the time even after a trip back to S&W to be "fixed".

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom