• jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Red Ghost.
    Guns Unlimited.
    Both in Evansville.
    If you don't mind a transfer, try Whittakers in Owensboro KY. Definitely worth the drive.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    The owner Ryan is a great guy that I have known for years. He specializes in military/class III type stuff and there is a lot of neat old stuff in the shop. Usually has a few pistols on hand, some AOW's and several rifles/shotguns. He does a lot of gunsmithing as well. It's worth the trip out.

I'm down there about once a month and I love to patronize the little small town gun shops. Unfortunately this one has a sign that says only law enforcement may bring loaded weapons into the shop. I won't patronize a gun shop that won't recognize my right to keep and bear arms. Next time you are in there tell him that his sign is costing him business.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Red Ghost out on the NW side of Evansville; small, individually owned; reasonable prices, and GREAT service! Terry is a heck of a guy to deal with, and will do you right!

A big 'ol +1 on that! Red Ghost is my default recommendation to any of my friends looking to purchase a firearm.

I attended the Tri-State Gun and Knife Show at the Evansville Armory last weekend. While I was shaking my head over sky high ammo prices, a total stranger beside me blurted out, "You can find a better deal at Red Ghost!" A good reputation gets around.

newbomb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    southwest indiana
    Ginos in Washington, its on East National Hwy at the edge of town. There is also a small shop out near Montgomery Indiana but Im not sure of the name. I live in Washington and am in Vincennes several times a week if I can be of any help.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'm a big fan of Rajo's. The owner can be a jerk as others have pointed out, but I like the store and get along well with Stan.

Don't forget the newest...The Right To Bear Arms is open now just north of the raceway, off Hwy 41, in Haubstadt. I have not been there yet but it is new and shiny.

Electron don

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Evansville
    Randy's Sporting Goods in Ft. Branch

Randy's Sporting goods is right on Hwy 41 in Ft. Branch. Good selection and knowledgeable people.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Thanks for your input everyone. I compiled a list and sent it to my friend with your +'s and -'s. If you have any additional suggestions, I will forward them to her. :)

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Daves is at I-64 exit 54 north. Nice place ,has a shooting range also. 25-50-100 yd.
    Whittakers SW of Owensboro is unreal. Lowest prices, greater selection than all previously listed shops in this thread combined. Very hectic on weekends. Shipping free transfer on handguns to Evansville.

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN
    Daves is at I-64 exit 54 north. Nice place ,has a shooting range also. 25-50-100 yd.
    Whittakers SW of Owensboro is unreal. Lowest prices, greater selection than all previously listed shops in this thread combined. Very hectic on weekends. Shipping free transfer on handguns to Evansville.

Whittakers does not always have the cheapest prices on firearms but I agree they have the greatest selection.
    Jim Spence of E'ville will take care of your transfer from whittakers ($15 and I highly recommend him) and there will be no shipping charges.

Top Bottom