• ...and so much more!
  • Kinkopet33

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2024
    Indy
    So I was given a bunch of surplus 30-06 last week by my dads friend. He says it’s been in the barn for years and he doesn’t want it.

Turns out one can is metal linked 1943 4 AP/1 Tracer ratio 30-06. About 200 rounds I’d guess
    1 can was 4 bandoliers of 6 en blocs filled with all black tip AP from 1953. Non corrosive.
    And the last can was a cloth belt all regular 30-06 non corrosive from Korean War era about 100 bullets, and under the belt was 6 en blocs filled with the same bullets. Under those were about 80-100 more loose rounds with stamps like RA that caught my eye.

Anyways what the hell is the worth, if anything. I don’t want to shoot it cause I almost think it’s cooler to look at it, and I have some new ppu for my Garand.
    I wiped down the boxes and only a few rounds from the world war 2 box have that blue/green on them, most still look great. All the Korea stuff is great looking too.
    Also can I clean the dirty WWII rounds?

Sc1873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2023
    Brown County
    Need to find a 1919a4 guy they would love to have belted stuff, on can with m1 Garand stuff Royal Tiger is getting 334. For sealed cans, granted they are high. Way back CMP had that for around 125 can

Kinkopet33

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2024
    Indy
    Need to find a 1919a4 guy they would love to have belted stuff, on can with m1 Garand stuff Royal Tiger is getting 334. For sealed cans, granted they are high. Way back CMP had that for around 125 can

So I looked it up and the RT bandoliers are M2. Every round on my bandoliers however, are armor piercing. Does this help the value much at all?

Sc1873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2023
    Brown County
    So I looked it up and the RT bandoliers are M2. Every round on my bandoliers however, are armor piercing. Does this help the value much at all?
    Collector value it may, but shooter value not really as most places don’t like you to shoot AP, I would think at least a few dollars per round but keep all together in enbloc clips you could do the google for vintage Garand ammo. I know not best answer it’s all what someone is willing to pay if you were selling.

Top Bottom