• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Jan Brewer (Arizona Governor) has a Facebook page (Login | Facebook) and she is asking for help in defending against B Hussain Obama's lawsuit over immigration.

I'm not big on political donations but I see this as an important issue. Arizona is the only state with the resolve to stand for what's right. If they lose I'm concerned that it will set a precedent for other states. You can donate as little as $5 (cost of a value meal at McDonalds). Click on the link below.

Thanks.

Jan Brewer for Governor

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Thanks for the heads up!

On this subject, if the feds can sue Arizona for "stepping on their toes", why can't Arizona sue the feds for all the extra costs created by the feds not doing their job? I say two can play at this game!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, this will be one of the landmark cases that the SCOTUS decides (if it gets to that point), and will really establish a precedent for the role of the federal gubment for the conceivable future.

I think Arizona is doing the right thing, and it is just another case of where states are calling out the Federal Goverment for overstepping its bounds. The country is made of the several soveriegn states, not a single sovereign state with 50 prefectures or other territories.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Here is an interesting twist. Know that horrible law that Arizona passed that is getting them sued that hasn't even taken effect yet? Rhode Island already has a very similar law and it is being enforced now. Seems like the Feds are going to have an additional problem now in explaining their selective enforcement.

Key quote:
    the Supreme Court in Muehler v. Mena has already held that police do not need any reason (not probable cause, not reasonable suspicion) to ask a person about his immigration status

BBill

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Just read the paper here in Indy- I can't pronounce half the names of the people arrested!! Close the border and clean house!!

Ol' Wiley

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Indiucky (Clark Co.)
    The DOJ going to sue all the sanctuary cities now?
    Seems the case against AZ can go either way, but the cases vs sanctuary cities could only go one way, as they clearly go against expressed preemption.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom