Suggestion for the next 1500 (and future ones)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Tom/Mike/Trek and all related Brothers of the Ravenhood . . . .

I can't claim this ideas as original, as I believe it was a fellow INGOer who first brought this idea out-- but I thought it was worthy of its own thread.

I don't pretend to know all that goes into your holster-making efforts, but I would guess that out of them all, the Vanguard would be the easiest and quickest to manufacture, as well as being the most versatile, and least expensive.

Because of these unique qualities, I would find it most helpful to us (the Raven-lovin' consumers) if you could have a few baskets of these pre-made and ready to sell at the show.

If you sold them for a crisp $20 bill out-the-door I'd bet you could move at least 50 of them easily in a weekend. The math on that looks pretty good.

Who else, besides me, would jump on a deal like this?

VanGuard1.JPG

bigcraig

Master
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I already have 3.

But I agree with you, Evan, they would sell quickly if they were treated as a POP item.

robbran144

Master
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    i am not trying to stir the pot here but i bought an item like this from another company claiming to be the original makers, who is the original design? i know nothing about Raven, i might just buy one of yours too to see if there is any difference,or better qualities...this is not to stir the pot or get anybodies blood pressure up. thanks

Cwood

Grandmaster
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I'm with Que and don't mean to be stupid but what's the purpose of just a tigger guard when its not holstered?

They are great for throwing a gun in a bag, putting it a center counsel or night stand. I had one on my night stand gun and tied the cord to a leg so all i had to do was grab the gun and the Vanguard pulled off. There is many uses for one, once you start thinking about it. A holster is not always the solution to a loaded gun and quick access. :twocents:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    If you carry inside your waistband and draw the 'hood' is removed from the triggerguard when the attached cord is hooked to your belt,belt loop or tab.
    It's so you do shoot your genitalia off! :n00b:

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    i am not trying to stir the pot here but i bought an item like this from another company claiming to be the original makers, who is the original design? i know nothing about Raven, i might just buy one of yours too to see if there is any difference,or better qualities...this is not to stir the pot or get anybodies blood pressure up. thanks

Ours have been on the market since 2008. They were developed by IGNO's own Shay, who had working prototypes years before that. We did a lot of research before launching them, and were unable to find anyone else offering a similar item at that time. I'd be surprised if anyone else can prove they were selling them before October 2008. They can claim dates and number of units sold, but proof is hard to come by. Our webstore shows they were added for retail sale on October 20th, 2008. Some people who initially bashed the idea now make their own versions.......

That said, their uses are endless. It's a way to cover the trigger guard and make a firearm safe on a nightstand, in a vehicle, a bag, etc. It can be tied around a belt and used as a makeshift holster. The original use is for guys going into harms way where they cannot have anything that resembles a holster. For as simple and inexpensive as they are, it is a very versatile piece of equipment.

Top Bottom