• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Today, I went down to my local gun shop, and made 3 holsters there for a guy who had left 3 guns there for me to work with.

One of them was a Taurus Judge, one a Sig 250, and the other a Kahr MK40. He wanted the one for the Kahr to be very small, so I had to shrink my prior design down to 70% size to get it to work, but it turned out fairly well.

Right as I was packing up my tools to get ready to go, a gentleman came in who wanted a holster for his S&W BG .380; Bruce, the gentleman running the store, directed him to me. I was able to make him a holster, (of the smaller sort,) while he waited there in a little under an hour. He got to watch the whole process, and was very satisfied with the end product, especially for the price. Apparently, there was an "incident" with a purse snatcher just the last week, where he had to "retrieve" his wifes purse, and he decided that pocket carry just wasn't fast enough for him. I was glad to be able to help him out.

All in all, I considered it a good day. This evening, after my friend helped me move some stuff into the new apartment with his truck and trailer, he dropped his keys. The truck key broke open and the little microchip fell out. So I had to use some Kydex and my heat gun to make a little top for his key, so that he could start his truck to get home. It was a full day, but I feel like I accomplished quite a bit.

Here's a pic, so you don't post that enormous "Worthless without pics" emote on me. :draw:

2011-04-29143130.jpg

:popcorn:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Sylvain, I PM'd you.

jd42k, what you can't see is that there are two more adjustment holes for each clip; they are just under the clips right now. So each clip can be moved up either one or two inches individually, which gives you some cant adjustment, as well as a bit of choice in how high or low the holster rides. As for the leather, it is horse hide from the rear flanks; nice and thick and dense, so it will be plenty durable.

turn4chatter, I'll see if I can get him to send me a picture of the key so I can post it; I didn't think to get a picture before he ran off with it.

Top Bottom