• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Ok so i just started reloading. i knocking the old primers out of the casing and was seeing all these old primers that were just going to go into the trash. so i started thinking. From what i can tell so far, reloading is going to give me a ton of time to think. Anyway, there has to be something i can use these for. at first i thought tumbling media. but i was told that may cause damage to the casings. so i thought some more. This is where my question to you all starts. why couldnt the old primers be used as shot in a 12 gauge reload shell. for like a home defence round or something like that. i mean it would kind of be like shot inside of shot if the anvils seperated when shot. i know not all of them would seperate but some would.
    heck i dont know but just seems like there should be a use for all those old primers. what do you all think?:dunno:

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    It is worth more as scrap than as shot. If you got REAL innovative, you might remove the anvil, reform the cup and then save. Eventually, people will want them for reloading primers. (as of now, I have only heard people doing it for fun...using strike anywhere matches).

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Seems we think alike, I've done it a few times but I did it for fun. They work but the lead shot seems a lot more effective as the spent primers have very little mass to them. It turned out to be like loading up rock salt. As a young man who grew up in the middle of nowhere long before electronic entertainment was so prevalent, I can tell you rock salt hurts bad but it doesn't kill unless you are really close. It does tear up your jeans and jacket though so your Mom may well finish things once you get home,. :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom