• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Ok I know everybody has their own way to remove shells. So I bought a used Stevens visiable loader that had a stuck shell in the chamber, no bottom left to push on. I tried the dowel trick no luck. Tried pulling it out with a brush no luck. So I was desperate because there was not enough rim left to push on from the top. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on special metal to mold it. So natch, I put my hillbilly thinking cap on and well it worked! Here is what I did.....committed the unthinkable crime.!!!!! First I took a small plastic wall anchor, pushed it in the chamber, then yes I did.... I ran a screw in there!!!!! "No you didn't", you say! Yes I did! And I wasn't done there! I took a small cloth and ran it down from the crown till it hit the top of the wall anchor. After that I took a jag and my worst cleaning rod and crammed it down till it hit the cloth. Then I got my bag o hammers out and put the gentle tap down. The cloth formed around the wall anchor, pushing it out along with the broken shell casing! :rockwoot:
    Make sure the screw fit snugly in wall anchor, but is not so big as to scratch the chamber. There is a nice burr in the chamber making the shell stick so I still can't use it till I have someone chamber iron it, but one thing at a time. So if anyone can recommend a smith who will polish the chamber for cheap, or tell me how I can do it myself, I would be thanking you. Anyway I hope this helps.

bob

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Murphy's Law. If it's stupid and works, it's not stupid. I say you improvised, you overcame, you adapted.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    It came out, so I would say good idea. As far as polishing that chamber, depending on how bad the burr is, perhaps a little polishing with a patch smothered in butches bore shine, or other polishing type compound. I have worked over chambers in handguns before with a dremel and a felt pad with simichrome with good results, but I dont know of any polishing wheels tha are small enough to get into a 22 chamber without damaging things.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Thanks guys! Went through all my Drexel tools and I don't have anything small enough to fit. Still beguiled by the burr!

Top Bottom