• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I was going to watch the F1 practice on TV for the U.S. Grand Prix in Austin, TX. They had to cancel it due to the torrential downpours ahead of this storm, this is 100's of miles away and several hours before the storm is even supposed to hit in Mexico. Not a good sign.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    For us sitting comfortably in our midwest homes, this will be a great study of SHTF. Massive storm, poor infrastructure, and likely slow/non-existent government response. Of course, the locals have one thing on many of us: they are used to adversity.

Expecting 20-40 foot storm surge. There may be no man-made coastal structures after this. Doubt much aid will get in very quickly, either. Flooding and mudslides will take out pretty much every road/bridge in the area. A 3-day bag isn't going to cut it.....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    What's the over/under on who is the first to claim this is the result of man made global warming?

I'm betting CNN.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Really hard on the ordinary folks in mexico. Government corruption will leech out most of the aid that comes in and any response will be slow.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I got family in Austin, Texas and it's already raining like crazy there. That thing is a monster and the reach is going to extend well into the US and Texas could see a repeat of the flash flooding they had earlier this year.....

Like mrjarrel I hope folks can hunker down and get through this...It's one for the record books...

Looks like we will see Al Gore being interviewed for a week or so starting Monday.....

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Okay those numbers are freaky.....

That's like the worse rain storm we have ever had here, combined with a tornado whose width is measured in hundreds of miles rather than a mile converging on folks living in what amount to our deer camps......And even that doesn't compare because a tornado's winds are not sustained....

The Death toll is going to be through the roof and that's not even counting the deaths in the coming weeks from a lack of infrastructure....

Prepare to have your hearts wrenched tomorrow morning...This is awful....

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    A guy I work with has a sister that is in the middle of it. Last he talked to her they were putting her and the kids in a shelter, I guess most everyone else that lives there and worked there left in their cars stranding the guests. I hope she and her kids are okay.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Rush Limbaugh predicted today that the libs in Washington will be pushing to bring the storm refugees here for more Dem votes. Time will tell. As Emanuel says "never let a crisis go to waste".

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    A lot of Mexican and tourist lives will forever be changed tonight. Remember what happened here with Katrina. And we are much more prepared for disasters. My prayers are with those people.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Listening to the news tonight I noted two things. 1: the 200 mph zone is only 30 or so miles wide. Not nearly as big as the storm pics lead you to believe. 2: that zone is coming ashore in a remote section of land between population centers. Luckilly very few will experience the brunt of the storm.

Not saying it wont be bad, but just pointing out it could be worse. MUCH worse.

Top Bottom