• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i also scored a first run, hand ground Strider SJ75s. this is nicknamed the "Baby Hughie".

i fell in love with it as soon as i opened the package. it feels different than almost anything else out there right now. and there wasn't really anything like it when the protos first started showing up. things change, once pics show up though... ;)

flaws: these have texture on the top of the blade, and the interior of the frame, to aid grip. these are hiding spots for rust. had several people point out that.

short and light blade doesn't leave much weight for those who like to "flip out" the blade. not realy a flaw to me, but some will see it that way.

blade is of thinner stock than most other strider folders.

pros: i love the knife. it is super simple. two fasteners, two pieces of Ti(frame and clip), a piece of g10, and a piece of steel.

easy to clean.

small with a low, low clip position. easy to over look, in almost all places.

blade CUTTING edge is much longer than the package who suggest, due to the blade WIDTH. edge is the same as an SnG, in a smaller package.

another pro is price. they are going on the secondary market for around $330. new, they are $400

these don't feel like a normal striders. they are light weight. they feel eligent. it is a smooth package, with no square or sharp edges. it is the most refined Strider i have ever felt. standard customs included (regular models, NOT the super custom stuff like the pirate knives, and such).

i would get one if i were looking for an entry level strider for everyday tasks and feel its a great sunday morning knife!

Last edited:

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Thanks Cubby I have been very tempted by these, just not sure I "need" one the way I "need" another spare xm-24 :) but I might spare a few hidden pennys :)

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    SJ75 models are the most popular Strider right now. I'm having trouble keeping them in stock, but it's probably becuase it is their newest model.:)

Here you go Dave!

SJ751.jpg

SJ753.jpg

SJ752.jpg

Last edited:

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I was being a tad tounge in cheek about my "spare" lol :) but in all truth thank you for the opinion on the baby huey I think one is on my list now. And I agree the zt560/561 are great for more sensible price and great bang for the buck for addicts trying to get sober lol

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    awesome, stony!

and brad, these are all that and a bag of chips. i think they will be a good seller even AFTER the newness wears off!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    awesome, stony!

and brad, these are all that and a bag of chips. i think they will be a good seller even AFTER the newness wears off!

I agree, I plan on keeping one after the "newness" wears off a bit, but for now I'll just stay with my SnG DGG.

Note:....not sure about the the bag of chips part, but they do come with the Strider tactical bubble pack package.:):

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I agree, I plan on keeping one after the "newness" wears off a bit, but for now I'll just stay with my SnG DGG.

Note:....not sure about the the bag of chips part, but they do come with the Strider tactical bubble pack package.:):

i usually carry the DGG SnG. this has been playing stand in. :D

Top Bottom