• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Well, I stopped by PSS on my way home and fondled some new toys. They have a pretty decent stock right now. All the basics: Glock, XD, Sig, HK, ranging from 9 to 45. Many long guns, etc

The reason I am posting is to let those that may be interested know that they have several M1 Garands, a left hand Stag AR for 799, An Aug (not styer but same style) for 1789, and FnH ps90 (I think) for 1789, A WASR 10 with slanted muzzle break for 549 a couple KelTec types.

They also had two MP5 clones. I believe they were .22lr and around 500 each.

Just an FYI

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    When I'm doing any shopping I always make PSS my last stop. They always have the best price and service.

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    :+1:I will second that statement. I am a younger college student and they still treated me with respect. Most shops will just shrug me off as an idiot wanting to touch everything. Not PSS though. Amazing service.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Where's PSS at (I'm assuming Indy Area North/West side since you're from Avon)? Rough idea of price range on the M1's?

As posted, it is Planfield Shooting Supply on us 40 in Plainfield.

I did not check the prices or the M1's but last time I was in there they had the same ones and some more. I believe they ranged from 1200-1900. BTW these are beautiful rifles.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Bob does have great prices. It kills me to see people trying to sell their Ar's on here when you can jusy go to PSS and get one for 3 or 4 hundred dollars cheaper. I will give examples. He had a new bushy m4gery for $899.99 last week. I think someone is trying to sell one close to it on here for around $1200 I bought a S&W MP15 in November for $879.99 I dont think anyone can beat his prices. Bob doesnt lie when he says that he only sells his guns for 10% over cost. I also hear that Britton from 21st century arms is a good guy to do business with. Bluffton is just a little to far for me.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Bob does have great prices. It kills me to see people trying to sell their Ar's on here when you can jusy go to PSS and get one for 3 or 4 hundred dollars cheaper. I will give examples. He had a new bushy m4gery for $899.99 last week. I think someone is trying to sell one close to it on here for around $1200 I bought a S&W MP15 in November for $879.99 I dont think anyone can beat his prices. Bob doesnt lie when he says that he only sells his guns for 10% over cost. I also hear that Britton from 21st century arms is a good guy to do business with. Bluffton is just a little to far for me.

Don't try to compare today prices for anything bought in November...... BO was elected and it has all changed.

BTW if you paid 879 I will give you 900.00 fo it today..... sound fair:):

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    That is true. I got my M&P right before thanksgiving. But I dont think the panic buying then was what it is now

Agreed. :D and the supply hadn't started to dry up yet.

I went in there last week for the first time and the old guy was not friendly or helpful but the midle aged guy was verry helpful.

:yesway: I'm sure that I would go back but it wouldn't be my first choise.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    bob prices today are still lower than most. My dad purchased an M&P15 from Bob for $950 in the height of the buying frenzy. I got an AR from him for $800. At the time bob had lots of AR rifles for less than $1000, and was getting them in regularly.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    bob prices today are still lower than most. My dad purchased an M&P15 from Bob for $950 in the height of the buying frenzy. I got an AR from him for $800. At the time bob had lots of AR rifles for less than $1000, and was getting them in regularly.

I only saw one when I was there.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    anytime Ive been there he always had one or two, and they were always fresh ones. They would sell pretty quickly, then he would get more in.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I guess that I'm spoiled by haging out at Elmores.... they have at least 15 in stock right now.

What were the prices on them? If they were way high that could be one reason he still has so many. Out here if some one has great prices they have no problem turning inventory over. Not saying that is the case. I was just commenting on the ideas between rape and love vs supply and demand being the approach. Some owners are happy having a steady smaller profit instead of waiting all day for the one sale that is gonna make them a killing. Some stores maybe fighting to survive because of overhead issues. I ran a tire store for a guy who would sell at or below cost and his profit was his labor charges. Guy was always late payin everyone including his taxes. But it was that or go under.
    takes all kinds I guess.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Why do you suppose they have more rifles in stock than the other stores?

Well They don't sell the really cheap ones and friday they snaged 15 Green Armalite AR15s (1450.00) when a police department passed on them, if you get rid of those they would have 5 or 6 S&W.

AmralitesatElmores.jpg

Top Bottom