• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've got a Stoeger Coach gun in 20g. Haven't had an issue with it, it isn't rough at all and always goes bang when you pull the trigger. It was a bit tight when I got it but it is loosening up just fine. I don't know about their O/Us but their semi autos get lots of love from those that have actually shot or owned them. From what I've heard and read, the O/Us aren't a competition gun but for the price...we all know that already. For field work, they've done fine for the people I know that have had them.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have heard many great things about the Stoeger shotguns, I have read watched many excellent reviews. Everyone I know that owns one is more than happy with them. One is on my list, hopefully for 2012.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have two Stoeger shotguns, both doubles. One is an O/U and is a great skeet/gtrap gun.
    The other is a SxS "coach gun".

Bought both used and I have not had the first issue with either. Both go bang each and every time you pull the trigger.

They may not have the fit and finish ogf some bigger names, but functionally, they are WELL worth the money.

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    Same here. I have a Stoeger double barrel 12 guage coach style shotgun. Bought it about 15 years ago.

Years ago, I sold it to a friend and ended up buying it back. I have cleaned out my other shotguns, but kept the Stoeger.

This particular Stoeger is reliable, simple and easy to operate for everyone, and will shoot anything I put in it very accurately, including slugs.

Stoeger seems to be a good bang for the buck and has held up in operation and basic looks without any problems for me.

Good bargain, I think I paid around $200 for the Stoeger new.

Good luck in your quest.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    The Stoeger name has been used for importing firearms and also publishing, since at least the 1960's. The guns imported under that name have been of varying quality over the years. Most were serviceable at the least and some have been in the category of above average in their class. I have never of a major issue with anything with their name on it....

Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    I have a condor and the only problem I have had with it was one day when it was really cold and we were out shooting skeet. When I broke the barrels open they fell off of the receiver. The barrels hit concrete and scuffed up the ends. I was a little pissed.

I think that the method that they use to keep the gun together is a little shoddy. I think that since it was so cold it allowed the metal "hook" that holds it together to contract to the point that it didnt hold tight. Some brownings that I have looked at for comparison of this part are much better.

All that said. It has been great every other time I have used it. I took it pheasant hunting last year and it was great. I think the price is right for these O/U's.

savage308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    Just recently saw a show where the gun doctors did the 20ga in a 12ga. The 20 got stuck about half way down the tube then they loaded a 12 and shot the thing. Thje hosts were amazed when the gun held up, they were expecting the barrell to split open. Other than that I know nothing about the guns.

flatoutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Its a good gun for the money. Bought one for the wife in a 20 gauge to teach her to shoot sporting clays. Didnt feel horrible when they had to cut the stock down to fit her

eatdessertfirst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Yep, I own a Condor o/u. Always shoots when I pull the trigger. It's my field gun and I paid 300.00 for it. While I don't mistreat it, if I do get a ding on the furniture, I don't wince too bad. My brother also owns one. He sold his Citori and uses the Stoeger when we go pheasant hunting. Go for it.

Top Bottom