• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bleachey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2019
    Petersburg
    So after years of wanting a semi auto shotgun and hours upon hours of research I bought myself a new M3000 in Mossy Oak Bottomlands. The wait was worth it. Have put several hundred shotshells through it, only 2 where the bolt didn't go all the way forward. Easy to break down and clean, although I haven't taken the bolt apart yet. Shoulders well, manageable recoil and swings very nicely. It came with a total of 4 shims to adjust the stock angle, I think I might experiment with that, I really have to focus on putting my cheek all the way down where a couple other shotguns I have I don't. Very happy with my purchase. I had been looking at Weatherby Elements as well. Almost went with a Beretta A300 that was on clearance when I purchased this one, but really couldn't think of a good reason to spend the extra $. Also looked at some used 1187's, but ultimately decided I wanted a new one. Also considered going with the M3500 so I could shoot 3.5, but really don't think I will ever want too. I know there are nicer guns out there, but budget was a concern and I like the inertia rather than gas system. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to ball on a budget.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    We picked up an M3000 for my son from the classifieds here about a month ago. He has about 400 rounds of target loads through it plus some assorted other stuff. It has been flawless, and he's very happy with it. I shot it some side by side with my A300 Outlander, and I was impressed. The Beretta's trigger is better, but the Stoeger has a better bolt release button, and the rest is pretty much a wash.

I think all else being equal I'd stick with the Beretta (I got a killer deal on mine...actually paid less than we did for the Stoeger), but I wouldn't pay hundreds more for one. I had considered an 1187 several years ago, but am glad I never went through with that as both of these are better guns.

Bleachey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2019
    Petersburg
    We picked up an M3000 for my son from the classifieds here about a month ago. He has about 400 rounds of target loads through it plus some assorted other stuff. It has been flawless, and he's very happy with it. I shot it some side by side with my A300 Outlander, and I was impressed. The Beretta's trigger is better, but the Stoeger has a better bolt release button, and the rest is pretty much a wash.

I think all else being equal I'd stick with the Beretta (I got a killer deal on mine...actually paid less than we did for the Stoeger), but I wouldn't pay hundreds more for one. I had considered an 1187 several years ago, but am glad I never went through with that as both of these are better guns.
    It has only been a couple of years where I have started to pay attention to triggers. It was when I picked up a CVA Cascade and noticed the difference between it and my Savage Axis. Have since adjusted the accutrigger on my Axis II and upgraded the triggers on my 2 Axis XP's. I might start looking into it on my shotguns, a buddy is trying to talk me into working on the triggers for my AR's. I'm glad I know, but it costs money, sometimes it's better not to know!!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I got a M3000 tactical.
    The LOP was too long and the recoil pad sucked.
    Youth stock and a Sims pad helped.
    Trigger was beyond horrible, but Taran Tactical springs made it usable.
    First and last Turkish gun I buy.
    Only fired 100 rounds, been flawless.
    The black receiver finish bled out on paper towels when wiping down w Remoil, seems to have stopped with nothing having gone silver.
    The rear sight is plastic and the front fiberoptic bead isnt very good.
    It is drilled and tapped, so could be used for turkey, if I get it threaded for Remchokes. The barrel dims suggest that a possibility.
    But I really don't want to dump more $ into it.

Bleachey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2019
    Petersburg
    I got a M3000 tactical.
    The LOP was too long and the recoil pad sucked.
    Youth stock and a Sims pad helped.
    Trigger was beyond horrible, but Taran Tactical springs made it usable.
    First and last Turkish gun I buy.
    Only fired 100 rounds, been flawless.
    The black receiver finish bled out on paper towels when wiping down w Remoil, seems to have stopped with nothing having gone silver.
    The rear sight is plastic and the front fiberoptic bead isnt very good.
    It is drilled and tapped, so could be used for turkey, if I get it threaded for Remchokes. The barrel dims suggest that a possibility.
    But I really don't want to dump more $ into it.
    Sorry you had a bad experience. I know 4 other people with Stoeger M300 or M3500 and are thrilled with them. I do have one Turkish coach gun that I am a little disappointed in the finish, but this Stoeger, my Mossberg Internationl O/U and a clearance Charles Daly 601 tactical I have next to my bed have all satisfied what I use them for. I have had the Mossberg for close to 20 years and it is my favorite gun in the safe to shoot, in addition to being beautiful and high quality.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    IMO Stoeger is a little different than the other Turkish shotguns out there because they're actually owned by Beretta/Benelli, and that relationship has been in place for a long time. At one point they were building a Stoeger branded Beretta Cougar on Beretta tooling. I can't speak to it myself, but I've heard that Benelli USA actually provides customer support for Stoeger shotguns. Yes, they're Turkish clones, but at least they have a direct relationship with the parent company which makes them a whole lot more likely to get it right.

three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    I owned a couple different M3000's, but after awhile they both started having issues. Mainly, they would fail to cycle completely in cold weather (like teens and below). That was unacceptable to me, since they were intended to be waterfowl guns.

I shoot a Beretta A300 now. It's American made, gas operated, and they don't cost much more than the Stoegers. So far, I've been very happy with it.

Bleachey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2019
    Petersburg
    I owned a couple different M3000's, but after awhile they both started having issues. Mainly, they would fail to cycle completely in cold weather (like teens and below). That was unacceptable to me, since they were intended to be waterfowl guns.

I shoot a Beretta A300 now. It's American made, gas operated, and they don't cost much more than the Stoegers. So far, I've been very happy with it.
    I will try some cold weather shooting to see if I have issues. I decided I wanted an inertia semi. I like simpler designs.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    IMO Stoeger is a little different than the other Turkish shotguns out there because they're actually owned by Beretta/Benelli, and that relationship has been in place for a long time. At one point they were building a Stoeger branded Beretta Cougar on Beretta tooling. I can't speak to it myself, but I've heard that Benelli USA actually provides customer support for Stoeger shotguns. Yes, they're Turkish clones, but at least they have a direct relationship with the parent company which makes them a whole lot more likely to get it right.
    I was going to say, Stoeger is really a Turkish made Beretta

Top Bottom