• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Well, I was going to have Nick at Indy gunworks do this but I did it myself. I'm a hands on kind of person and the more I learned about the process I had to try it. I experimented on a mag base plate that I was no longer using, it looked ok so I got out a file and took off the finger grooves that didn't fit me. That was nerve racking! I didn't take them all the way down, I made them feel right to me. All said and done, it was well worth it, it feels much better. What do you think, good or bad? Remember it was my first!
    4fd77836.jpg

23f0594a.jpg

72cc4299.jpg

johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN
    I toyed briefly with the idea of stippling mine. I saw one that a friend had done by a professional. I think yours looks better than his does. in the end, i decided against it and bought some Talon grips instead (the adhesive type). I'm pretty happy with 'em.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Thanks. If you enjoyed it, you may become addicted. Your next one will be better and the next one will be better than that one and so on. I'm thinking of trading one of my stippled Glocks for a fresh one so I can have another one to work with.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Thanks. If you enjoyed it, you may become addicted. Your next one will be better and the next one will be better than that one and so on. I'm thinking of trading one of my stippled Glocks for a fresh one so I can have another one to work with.

That's funny! Lol! You are right, I have two more in the family to do and we will see from there. It is very satisfying doing your own work, no matter what it is. I'll never forget it, my son won't either, he watched almost all of it. He's seven.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Looks like your Glock has a beard! Lol. Good Job. I'm thinkin of doin my G33. What did you use to do it?

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Looks like your Glock has a beard! Lol. Good Job. I'm thinkin of doin my G33. What did you use to do it?

A soldering iron with a sharpened tip. Got the idea from 40calpunisher! His old posts. I tell anybody that might try, have a good light, and expect to be cross eyed! Lol! Thanks to all for the compliments!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    How long did it take you? Seems as if it's something to do when you have a fair amount of time to put into it.

Top Bottom