• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Stimulus Watch: Salary raise counted as saved job | www.azstarnet.com ®

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama’s economic recovery program saved 935 jobs at the Southwest Georgia Community Action Council, an impressive success story for the stimulus plan. Trouble is, only 508 people work there. The Georgia nonprofit’s inflated job count is among persisting errors in the government’s latest effort to measure the effect of the $787 billion stimulus plan despite White House promises last week that the new data would undergo an “extensive review” to root out errors discovered in an earlier report.
    About two-thirds of the 14,506 jobs claimed to be saved under one federal office, the Administration for Children and Families at Health and Human Services, actually weren’t saved at all, according to a review of the latest data by The Associated Press. Instead, that figure includes more than 9,300 existing employees in hundreds of local agencies who received pay raises and benefits and whose jobs weren’t saved.

So how did 508 employees turn into 935 jobs "saved"? Simple:

At Southwest Georgia Community Action Council in Moultrie, Ga., director Myrtis Mulkey-Ndawula said she followed the guidelines the Obama administration provided. She said she multiplied the 508 employees by 1.84 — the percentage pay raise they received — and came up with 935 jobs saved.

Your tax dollars at work.
    :rolleyes:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    In August of last year, Nancy Pelosi said, "500 million Americans lose their jobs every month, we have to move ahead on the stimulus package."
    The Stimulus Package has, according to CBS, ABC, and NBC, saved 9 Billion jobs in the US alone, contributed mightily to world peace, saved 989 trillion lives world wide, helped keep kids off drugs.
    :rockwoot:

More KoolAid, please! :40oz:

Doug
    (tongue-in-cheek)

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    In August of last year, Nancy Pelosi said, "500 million Americans lose their jobs every month, we have to move ahead on the stimulus package."
    The Stimulus Package has, according to CBS, ABC, and NBC, saved 9 Billion jobs in the US alone, contributed mightily to world peace, saved 989 trillion lives world wide, helped keep kids off drugs.
    :rockwoot:

More KoolAid, please! :40oz:

Doug
    (tongue-in-cheek)
    are you serious? i know nancy siad 500 million, and she said it more than once, i dont think it was an accident. (even though the country would be out of work in three weeks) but are the news networks trumpeting its success that much? obviously not to the extreme hyperbole you used. or are they?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OK, you caught me.
    I don't know what those networks are saying because I no longer watch White House Approved news.
    (Hmmm! Is it Racist to refer to it as the White House or would it be Racist to stop refering to it as the White House?:dunno:)

I was just making fun of the Democraps' lack of accuracy and specificity when using numbers. They really don't care about numbers. The deficit can be a trillion, ten trillion, one hundred trillion, its all the same to them because when its time to pay, you just print more money.

If it costs $100 for a loaf of bread, just raise the minimum wage to $500/hour. See how simple...?

Doug

Top Bottom