• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Not a huge can of 1911's Got spoiled by Glocks, beretta's and sigs.

But after a recent shooting event I attended, where I found out I really can't shoot them, I decided I out to get one in the safe and learn them, as they are probably more common then Ar's in this country. and you just never know was the point of the exercise.

does anyone know about STI?
    What do you know?
    Experience?
    opinons?
    problemns?

STI Spartan 1911 45ACP New in the Box : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

with everything that is offered in this gun for 600 bucks It's hard to spend the money on anything else for a " basic" gun

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    The couple STI's I've been around, they are wonderful HAND BUILT guns.

I had an LS9. A very EARLY LS9. It had problems. Once I took it back to STI, every thing was fixed. Was a great little piece.

Have no fear with an STI IMO. Great guns. Little pricey, but great guns.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I have a STI Spartan and love it. It is my main uspsa gun and has ran flawlessly for several matches(just swithched to single stack). The spartan is the low end of sti guns but I have put close to 700rds through it with 0 problems and I mean 0( I shoot wwb230,185 and blazer230). If you want to see a wide variaty of STI guns/builds at work just go to a uspsa/3-gun match.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    just an FYI, the Spartans are not the same as the other STI 1911s.
    All other STI 1911s are built on STI-made frames here in the states. The Spartan is made on an Armscor frame (and I think the barrel, too) in the Philippines, this is how they get the cost so low. However, I believe they are all inspected at STI. The rest of the parts are STI iirc.

Now that said, I use a Spartan for a carry gun and have shot a couple uspsa matches with it. Has run 100%. Zero failures. and is quite accurate. Locks up perfectly, and it's timed right. I did dress up the lower lug to as it was hitting the slide stop a little hard on its way back into battery, but I don't think it would have been a problem.

-rvb

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    I've had a Spartan for several years now and have been very happy with it. Accurate and reliable out of the box and eats everything without a problem. $600 seems a little on the high side for a used one, but maybe not. Target Sports in Sheridan usually has them in stock.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I handeled one of these today along with several other mil spec 1911s. I thought it was a nice weapon for the price. I have had several other 1911s in the past from high end to basic. After holding the Mil spec pieces today from Para, STI and Springfield I may have another one someday.

Top Bottom