• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paul1968mcr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Carmel
    Coming from England, I have had the misfortune to see all the latest anti-speeding technologies.

We have thousands of GATSO cameras, set up at traffic lights and speeding hotspots, SPECS camera on the motorways that scan ur plates and time you between 2 points. Automatics Lasers set up on tripods that scan ur speed then take a HD pic of you and ur car....nice letter in the mail.

Now I had only seen cops using radar systems over here both hand held (and as I found out to my expense) car mounted. Recently though, I have seen a trooper with what looks very much like a laser speed gun, parked around 86th on 465.

Has there been an upgrade, or have the guys had access to this equipment for a while.....I'm kinda hoping he was just glassing the traffic!! Though parked on the blind side of a hill "scanning" people as they come over the top makes me alittle suss!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    They've had laser equipment for years, albeit, it's expensive and you don't see it much.

50bmgshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Greenfield
    Mainly its the state police that have the handheld lasers. At around $1000 each, most county departments have more important things to spend their money on.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    I got hit with the laser this morning. He pulled 2 of us over...82 in a 55mph zone. The ticket actually said the distance which he got us at. 341 feet. He was nice. Dont know why but state cops are the nicest officers you will come across. Just my .02 cents.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I got hit with the laser this morning. He pulled 2 of us over...82 in a 55mph zone. The ticket actually said the distance which he got us at. 341 feet. He was nice. Dont know why but state cops are the nicest officers you will come across. Just my .02 cents.

Well if he/she were REALLY nice they would've let you off with a warning. :rolleyes:

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Yeah that cop was there today at about 230, but luckily I was early and for once wasn't speeding. Of course he stands after the crest of the hill so you cant see brake lights until it is too late...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I must also second that ISP troopers are some of the nicest I've met.

Got caught in a spot I was unfamiliar with once, speed dropped from 50 to 40 to 30 in a matter of a couple hundred yards, and I didn't catch the 40 sign, but caught the 30 sign and had just started slowing down when he got me. 51 in a 30 and he let me off with a warning.

2nd incident was on a long curvy road, limit 50, old man doing 40 I was tired of following him. Came to the first clear passing zone and began to pass. The old man sped up, and then as I was about right beside him, a car pulled out of a driveway coming towards me up ahead so my "clear passing lane" was closing in quickly, so I hammered it, it was a downhill so I picked up speed a lot quicker than I thought. 78 in a 50, the ISP trooper wrote the ticket for 65 in a 50 because he understood my situation about the car pulling out and not having enough room to pass anymore. Although he didn't believe that the old man sped up as I began to pass, he said he clocked the old man at 54 so "there was no need to be passing in the first place".

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

Two hundredths of a cent? That's all we get?! Come on man, at least give us the full 2 cents! ;)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Thats true...but at tht speed I dont think that was an option. :dunno:

This is probably the most mature response to getting a traffic ticket that I've ever seen on the internet. ISHOOTHST'S, for what it is worth, you have my admiration and respect.:patriot: I do hope that you will decide to drive slower. We need good folks like you to stick around for a long time.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Right on. It was pretty much a drag run on I-70 and post road. The person wouldnt let me over and as we were both speeding up I let em get one car length ahead then i got behind them. The fog cleared under the 465 bridge and there he was standing outside his car with the laser. He got both of us, i think thats what made me not so upset about the ticket. I wonder what he would of done if i hadnt pulled over when he had his arm out the window pointing me to pull over too. Prob woulda chased me and the other person woulda pulled away. lol

Top Bottom