• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Was wondering if State parks like Potato Creek are on the same power as the rest of the town/area or if they have a seperate source of power. Seemed like it could make a decent improvised bug out spot if options A and B didn't pan out. Obviously I wouldn't be the only one with that idea more than likely. Thoughts?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They rely on the power grid.

Some MAY have their own generating capabilities for the offices, but I don't know for sure.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I couldn't find any information on it but was pretty sure they were on the same power. Thanks. Not as attractive of an idea as I was originally thinking.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    If I have to bugout, I am heading to Grandma's house. She always has cookies.

I really don't think State parks are a viable bugout location. It is Government owned and controlled land. There are too many state employees that can force their will on anyone on the property.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    A state park was by no means my primary option. I just happen to live a few miles from one and was wondering if it was worth looking in to.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Any place like that is a no go if SHTF.
    There will be no resources except what you bring and that will be subject to being taken by others.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Any place like that is a no go if SHTF.
    There will be no resources except what you bring and that will be subject to being taken by others.

+1

No scrounging or foraging without violating the rules (law??) and getting in trouble. Lots of people to steal whatever you have... no-go...

You would be better off to just sit-tight in your house and be prepared, with a generator & a supply of fuel for it...

Many people get caught up in the fantasy of bugging out. IMHO less than 1% of possible SHTF scenarios would entail bugging out for me. I'm not in a flood plain (if my house is flooding the whole state is seriously FUBAR), I have good neighbors, all my supplies and my way of life is at home. The only scenario I can imagine forcing me to bug-out is a chemical spill or natural disaster that would force me to leave... if it is even remotely possible to stay put, I'm staying...

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Was wondering if State parks like Potato Creek are on the same power as the rest of the town/area or if they have a seperate source of power. Seemed like it could make a decent improvised bug out spot if options A and B didn't pan out. Obviously I wouldn't be the only one with that idea more than likely. Thoughts?

If the grid goes there will be power no place.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I guess im going to have to get rid of the little toy poodle and get something like a St Bernard that I can get a few more meals out of.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I wish I lived closer to a SP that I frequent for work...

I have access to the vast majority of the acreage there that very few others do. It's a veritable sportsman's paradise...AND there are dozens of abandoned structures that are in quite decent shape...for now. A few folks on their own could hide out there with minimal effort - if you could remain hidden, that is.

It's not really patrolled now that I know of - but in a major SHTF situation, who knows.

But...it's too far to get to easily from where I live.

Top Bottom