• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Went there a couple of weeks ago. The signs posted on the door read something like "Absolutely no weapons of any kind in the state museum." Has anyone had problems with weapons at the state museum? Is the museum part of the state park? Whose jurisdiction does it fall under?

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    I cc 'd at the Imax in the museum a couple times with no trouble. Didn't see signs (i didn't look). The museums were under DNR as the parks but I think that has recently changed.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Went there a couple of weeks ago. The signs posted on the door read something like "Absolutely no weapons of any kind in the state museum." Has anyone had problems with weapons at the state museum? Is the museum part of the state park? Whose jurisdiction does it fall under?

Martial Arts experts please leave your hands and feet in your automobile before entering the building....

DesertDoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2008
    Central Indiana
    The state museum and most state owned buildings in the downtown area are covered by the indiana state police, Capitol police section. As far as the signs are concerned I think u would just be asked to leave but I cannot say for certain. That being said I would tread lightly since ISP can revoke ur ltch.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    No court room, OK to carry.

Be careful there.

The new laws only cover LOCAL ordinances not any STATE laws or rules.

If the STATE museum is STATE administered then the rules likely haven't been affected. You need to find out if they are state or privately run & then if they are state run then whose jurisdiction they fall under for their rule making authority.

I would kind of doubt it would be DNR but I could be wrong. If it is DNR then carry there should be legal.

If it's private then those signs (arguably ;)) hold no legal weight.

ETA:

From looking at their website it SEEMS that they are a private non-profit foundation partially funded by the state.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom