• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Last year I was in the market for a .45 Colt single action revolver. I was looking for a Ruger New Model Vaquero but a guy I know had a Uberti Cattleman for sale so I was looking at it. He told me to take it home and shoot it and gave me a small bag of loose rounds.
    I shot three cylinders full a few days later and liked the revolver but we couldn't get together on the price so I passed on it.
    I bought a new model Vaquero in .45 Colt and have been reloading for it. I just came across the bag of brass from the Uberti test fire yesterday and was adding the brass to my other brass to be tumbled when I realized that one of the rounds that I had fired in the Uberti was not a .45 Colt but actually a .44 Remington Special.
    The case is visually bulged. Without pulling out my reloading manuals, I have to think the pressures would be about the same for these two rounds but still an eye opener.20140519_123604.jpg

ole hombre

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2014
    United States
    Now that is interesting! I looked up the differences on my Hornady chart (don't have the Remington).
    Their diameter of 44 special is .430 and the 45 is .451 so a difference of about 2/100 in diameter.
    I have the Uberti Cattleman-hombre version and someday want to get a Vaquero. Mine though is a .357 caliber.
    Glad nothing came out sideways!!

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Probably no worries about leading up the barrel with those bullets. :D Probably bounced off the sides of the barrel a few times.
    My New Model Vaquero is a great revolver. I bought the .45 convertible. The ACP cylinder is a lot of fun.

Top Bottom