• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Just like the title says I am looking for a stainless gp100 4" model, maybe a 3". Let me know what you want for it. I live on the Eastside of Indy, work downtown. Will drive if I have to.

Last edited:

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Just read your post. I have several GP100 revolvers and would buy more if I had money to burn. At the last Indianapolis gun show at Stout Field I saw a rare (seldom found) GP100 with a half barrel shroud (Stainless/with Hogue grips). The guy had it priced at 480.00. Most likely it could have been bought a few bucks less. I fondled that gun for some time but couldn't make an offer cause I already had one.

I believe I'll seen several GP100 revolvers listed on ARMSLIST in the Indianapolis area. You can also look at GUNBROKER.COM. I know you'll find them there and if you watch long enough you'll find one affordable.

FYI: I bought the old style rubber grip with panel inserts from Altamonte Grips in Illinois. Unlike the factory original grips, these are checked with a snake skin pattern so it doesn't slip in your hand and they look fantastic. I also got a set of Walnut Superwood Snake Shin checked grip inserts. The bottom line is ... it looks great. Then, I took it to Havlin's and had the Hammer re-worked and a new rebound spring for the trigger. The action is the difference between night & day. In fact about 7 pounds lighter on the trigger pull. Now, I have a fantastic revolver that a true keeper.

Hope you're able to locate one. FYI. According to the CEO @ Ruger... they now have a dedicated production line for the medium frame (GP100) up and running for the most part. The separated the medium and large frame revolvers onto dedicated production line to relieve some of the back log. Early first quarter of next years, we should start seeing more medium frame revolvers in the stores. Also, look for a re-introduction of the Redhawk Q1, 2014 maybe after the shot show.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Around the first of ever month a new inventory distribution report is issued to Ruger's Customer's Service Representatives. Call them and they can find a distributor with inventory. Then have your favorite GS order you one.

Also, the rumor mill is taking about Colt getting back into the double action revolver business. Folks expect them to make an announcement at the Shot Show in January. It might be wise to wait and see what happens. 2014 could be an interesting year with new products by Ruger, Colt & Smith Wesson.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom