• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    i am planning to purchase my first AR tmorow. Stag arms 5.56 skull cammo. any thoughts, opinions on stag arms?? customer service, etc????? thanks everyone.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    yes i understand the "cammo" is a matter of taste, but just wonderng about the quality and customer service

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have a Stag lower that I put a 20" SS HB on and it's functioned fine for me. It should be ok for general shooting/plinking. :yesway:

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    k thanks. just thought the general concensus would give me a good idea about the quality. from what little research i have done i came to the conclusion that unless i am looking for a very high end AR most all ar r basically the same. any other opinions ideas would b welcome. I also did not know that it has a lifetime warranty so that is a +1. that never hurts. i will post pics asap thanks again everyone

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    LOL. why is everybody down on the skul cammo. I thnk its awesome looking. Although the more i thnk about it i realize how hard its gna b to keep that finish nice and scratch free. And if i scratch the finish its probably gna cost an arm and a leg to fix. thats the only real set back i can think of. More thoughts???

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Although the more i thnk about it i realize how hard its gna b to keep that finish nice and scratch free. And if i scratch the finish its probably gna cost an arm and a leg to fix.

If you scratch it, who's gonna notice? It's camo, after all... and black/gray camo, at that! Any "character marks" will just blend right in.

1205030043_KCZXv-L.jpg

Last edited:

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    i understand different strokes for different folks. i only plan on using the rifle for precision target shooting, and the occasional wisconsin deer hunt. i also kind of wanted a rifle i knew i wasnt gna just meet anybody at the range with the same gun idea. i just think it looks sharp and want somethn different not everyone has i value everyones opinion on the matter No worries.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    You would have to keep it pretty much like it comes from the factory.Won't find much aftermarket with that type of pattern.

This is a great point. Who keeps their AR the way it originally came?:laugh:

On the Stag Model 3S (for Skull), the barrel and buffer tube are black, and the camo itself is black and silver/gray, so black accessories would look just fine.

Top Bottom