• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Does anyone know what these are going for in Indy? I saw this flyer online for a store in CT. I wasn't planning on buying one, but at this price I'm tempted.

RugerSR9C.jpg

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was at ITP yesterday and they said it would be around $449. At $390 I would probably trade in my pt709 on one, I would love to have a 17rd mag in a sc handgun.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I just picked up a SR9 full size, so neah! I actually like it. After a few hundred rounds, the trigger is phenominal, particularly after one follows the instructions on the Ruger Forum to tear it down and start polishing.

The Compact SR9 certainly looks interesting. Now, they need to stop screwing around and start making available night sights for these guns (instead of factory only option).

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If this pistol hits the shelves in the high $300 to low $400 range I think they will sell. For this price I would be very interested in this pistol, there are a lot of things that catch my eye about them. $450 range might be a little too much. The problem is that at $450 it will be priced right between Taurus, etc. and Glock, Springfield, etc. I am not sure that being the in between choice is the best place to be from a marketing standpoint. Local shop has had two full size SR9s in the case for some time. They are priced around $450 and have not moved.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I think folks have a bad taste in their mouth, some of it from Ruger itself (politics) and some from bad INITIAL reviews of the SR9. The one I have needed a few rounds to polish everything in, once that was done, it is spectacular. The fixes have been made to new models and they are getting better and better. Couple that with Bill Ruger and his son being left out of the design and selling loop (one way or another :D ), Ruger is now making some competitive guns. Soon, Ruger will not be the "responsible citizens only need a gun larger than a bread loaf", it will be an actual player.

One thing that I think is sort of cool with the SR9c is the front cocking serrations. Not my cup of tea, to be honest. They should have put those on the full size model, omit them from the compact. :)

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I'm interested in one of these. I'd like to see a side by side comparison to the Glock.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've got the full size SR9 and love it. I'm interested to see what the price / reviews are on the SR9c. Might have to add to the collection.

Do you think it will really be as high as $400 everywhere? That would put it at the same price point as the full size. I saw the full size SR9 in two different shops today for $389 & $399. Gander Mtn has it at $499.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I would give it some time first. I say this from experience with Ruger. Over the years and all the pistols I have bought I have only had problems with 2 of them and had to send both back to the factory. Both were Ruger semi autos P85 and an LCP. LCP would not even fire if the magazine had rounds in it. Yes sure Ruger fixed it and after I received it back from them it never had a malfunction. But nearly 6 weeks and it should have been right when I bought it.
    I do like the way Ruger is finally venturing out into the personal protection guns more than in the past. They do have great customer service. But their quality control is lacking.
    I would give it some time to see how things go. I say this from personal experience.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Love my SR9, and LCP, no problems with either. For under 400 bucks, I'll have to consider one of these at some point. It will have to get in line, though, behind the 3 or 4 other guns I'd like to have.

qwkdrwmgw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was able to handle a SR9C today and I have to say I did NOT like it. The thing seemed very unbalanced, top heavy, the grip seemed very small compared to the rest of the gun. I think I will pass. Oh and it was priced around 450.00 at Big R in Wabash.

Top Bottom