• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    I know there is a decent price difference between the two subject knives, but I've never handled either of them. Any thoughts? What are the major differences?

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I would buy the endura with the wave opener. Just my 2 cents. both are good knives I am sure but endura would be my clear choice.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    the tenacious is the better designed of the two but endura wins handily in the steel dept. I have a tenacious and love it its just more solid than the endura the only downside and its a big one is the steel. the endura is lighter and thinner but has a cheaper feel to it although I haven't seen anything to indicate that it is, and it wins hands down in the steel dept. if you were anywhere near me I would let you handle mine to make a more informed choice.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Endura has been around for a very long time because it is a good knife from tip to tail. What the 110 is to Buck, the Endura seems to be to Spyderco.

The Tenacious has had blade steel problems, reportedly heat treatment related, which makes sharpening and edge retention an issue for some.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    The Endura has better steel but so far the steel on my Tenacious is holding up fine for me. I must say the liner lock on the tenacious is thinker and seems more secure than any linerlock I have had.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Tenacious was offered initially in CPM-S30V, right? That was the one with the blade issues (great steel, bad heat treatment). The current breed has 8Cr13Mov blade steel.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The Tenacious was offered initially in CPM-S30V, right? That was the one with the blade issues (great steel, bad heat treatment). The current breed has 8Cr13Mov blade steel.

No, the Tenacious was the first Spyderco-branded knife (i.e. not Byrd) that was made in China. It has always had one of the Chinese stainless steels. I think mine is stamped with the 8Cr13Mov designation (it's at home so I can't see it). The blade material is crap.

The design excellent. Construction is first rate and the action is smooth. The geometry of the blade is excellent.

But the blade material is crap. It might be the steel, it might be the heat treat, it might be both, but it's crap. Well, mine is anway.

ZgGlock88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Indyish
    i like them both but i use the tenacious alot more then the endura just because i wont feel as bad if i break the tenacious and have to replace it rather than forking out the cash for a new Endura

Patrolman1981

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Richmond, In
    +1 and have to agree with rhino. Design and action on the Tenacious is excellent, however a better choice for blade steel could have been chosen. I have both a Tenacious and 4 different Enduras. The Endura with VG-10 is my EDC knife and has never failed me. Yes, the Endura will cost you about twice as much but if you screw it up Spyderco has good customer service and it is only 50 bucks not 150 like some of my knives. You buy them to carry and use. So IMHO the Endura is the clear choice.

ZgGlock88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Indyish
    after using my new Endura 4 with the ffg i would highly recommend it it has the best of both knives the ffg of the tenacious and the VG10 steel of the regular endura 4

Sheltie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    N.E. Indiana
    I have the Tenacious and I really don't like the steel. It ruins the knife for me as I use my knife everyday. Sharpening it was easy but I had to do it everyday. The Endura with the VG-10 holds the edge much better in my opinion.

I would go with the Endura for sure, just my opinion.

Top Bottom