• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Stopped into a shop yesterday in Churubusco while I was travelling and killing time before an appointment,.

Picked up the Glock 19 and held it for a bit, checked it out, and then the guy hands me a Springfield XDM, boy, I sure do like the grip on the XDM, to me it felt much better than the G-19.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The grip angles are different between those two and will naturally point slightly differently.

Another feature of the XDm is the choice of 3 interchangeable backstraps. They come with the medium size factory installed but there is a thinner one and a thicker one for different sized mitts.:yesway:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Stopped into a shop yesterday in Churubusco while I was travelling and killing time before an appointment,.

Picked up the Glock 19 and held it for a bit, checked it out, and then the guy hands me a Springfield XDM, boy, I sure do like the grip on the XDM, to me it felt much better than the G-19.

That is the same reaction I had the first time I held an XD/XDM and I just had to have one. But when it comes to shooting I still cant get over my 1911, its far more accurate than my XD...

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    No it did not follow me hope but man am I anxious to own a hand gun, I am going down this week to get my Permits in order so I don't have to wait.

I was leaning toward the Glock because of the .22 conversion kit, I wanted this so my 12 year old son and I could shoot the gun affordably and the gun can still be used for home defense.

I see the 1911 has a .22 conversion but the XDM does not as of yet. I will have to check into this more.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I see the 1911 has a .22 conversion but the XDM does not as of yet. I will have to check into this more.

I just did the same thing, I found the answer on here, then confirmed. www.tacticalsol.com will have a .22lr conversion for the XDM out sometime in 2010. Original report I heard was 1st qtr, but she said there wasn't anything more specific than the year yet.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Yes, it is legal to take the handgun from the place of purchase or to a gunsmith in a sealed wrapper (i.e. case) without a permit. Also, you cannot take it to the range without a permit (if you were aware of this already :thumbsup:)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

I like the grip of the XDm too, it's just that extra half inch of metal on top that made me hand it back. Try out the M&P too, I liked it even better. Find the one that fits you and shoot it :D

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I very much want to shoot one of these as well... the owners of these guns just keep failing to be at the range when I am :):

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I had a chance to put 19 through a new XDm this Monday and I was suprised how much I liked the way it felt and shot. A guy I've meet and talked to a couple of times at tri County had it and wanted to see how I'd do with it. It put 19 rnds through a ragged 2" hole with the only flyer less than a 1/2" low and right (and I pulled that on the first shot). He had the medium sized backstrap on it and it fit my hand pretty good. Of course the "M" had the match barrel but I think it would be interesting to see what it would have done with a pistol rest of some kind (he didn't have one so I rested my forearms on the opening).

Nice gun

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    What I need to do is go and shoot a Glock a XDm and try them both, my buddies have Glocks and highly recommend them for the reasons already stated, dependability, cost, cost of parts, access to spare parts etc.

I feel the addiction coming on already, why buy one brand when you can have one of each or 2, or 3 or more!;)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    What I need to do is go and shoot a Glock a XDm and try them both, my buddies have Glocks and highly recommend them for the reasons already stated, dependability, cost, cost of parts, access to spare parts etc.

I feel the addiction coming on already, why buy one brand when you can have one of each or 2, or 3 or more!;)

XDm's are more expensive, but have most of the stuff you want.

Glocks are cheaper, with tons of accessories you can add on.

Win-win with either in my book. Don't forget the M&P

Top Bottom