• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    i got a xdm 40 i have big hands and the glock never really felt comfortable. so i did about 6 months of research and never really found anything bad about it i didnt research the glock because i have several friends who have various glocks but i just could stand how it felt in my hand. Now a couple of my buddys have xdms and love them as well i believe its a 2x nra gun of the year also now you can get 3 free magizines with the purchase of a new xd or xdm

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I have xd sub compact and a g22 and love both. Not much of a difference I don't think. Except for the sights.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    mags are stainless for SA XD's. Grip safety. Not as many custom, or easy to get DYI components for XD's. I have an XD .40.about 500 rds thru it. It gets better each time i shoot it. XD probably could be found cheaper than a G22. But both are great firearms. I really like the "FEEL" of my XD.

I think at this point in the game for you, just "pull the trigger". Get one and go with it. You cant miss with either.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Objectively, both are pretty much the same. Rugged, reliable, and accurate guns, both are great and either will serve you well. Biggest objective difference shows up if you are a reloader who likes using cast bullets. Glock recommends against using cast bullets in their guns because of the unique rifling. There are lots of folks who do it anyway, some few have had issues. The XD handles cast bullets beautifully, but if you like the Glock aftermarket barrels with conventional rifling are fairly cheap. The Glock is easier to find parts for to modify or repair at home. Accessories are widely available for both.

Subjectively, they are quite different. They have very different "feels." The grip shape is very different, the grip angle is different. The XD has a higher bore axis, which gives it a little more muzzle flip. The Glock is a little sharper in recoil. The XD feels markedly top heavier in the hand. I personally like the gigantic dot on the Glock factory sights, some people don't like the fact that those sights are plastic and some have broken.

You really should get your hands on both, and ideally shoot both side by side before making up your mind. They really do feel quite different. I carry an XD9, but frankly would have been just as happy with a Glock 19. Both are great guns.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Glock 22 - uncomfortable grip angle, unsupported chamber, polygonal rifling

XD-40 - comfortable grip angle, fully supported chamber, regular rifling

I reload so the chamber and the rifling make a big difference. The differences that I didn't list don't matter to me, but I do like the XD trigger better. Guess which one I own.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Great info here!

My comments aren't nearly as technical. I shot both the XD and Glock (don't recall the exact model) in .40 caliber before I bought my XD. They have very different grip positions, and that is what sold me.

At the very least, hold and dry fire both. Better yet, put a few rounds down range. See what fits best for you. While very different, both a great guns.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Get both, you won't regret it. I have an XD-40sc and a G22. One for full size OWB carry and one for CC IWB carry. Both are great shooters and they have their differences, but are worth it.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have never owned a Glock but I did own a Xd. It was a good gun and served me well for 2 years. I never experienced any malfunctions no mater what ammo I used. The best thing you can do is try and shoot both. See what fits you better. In the end you are the one that needs to be happy.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Have own xd sub 40....and have shot the glock 40...side by side only thing I noticed was trigger pull was little smoother on the xd..both guns was great...xd is on sale now...you can get the 9mm or 40 for under 500..

gmotox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Illinois
    I bought a Glock 23c and liked it till i bought my xdm 40 i am now going to buy the xdm 45 and a Kimber 45. I like the Glock but it is not as comfortable i'n my hand as my xdm. The other thing i noticed is the Glock feels like the palm of my hand is being punched when i fire it and the xdm is much better feel when shooting for a long period of time. i have big hands and the bottom of my palm and pinkie hang down to low i have tried other modles of the Glock and it just seem if the handle is longer it also is thicker so then it's more uncomfortable. Again i think glocks are very nice just doesn't feel exactly right i'n my hand. The xdm comes with three dif grips so very easy to fit me my brother or a friend coming out to shoot for the day.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    i used to have an xd40sc at the same time as my first g17, the xd felt top heavy, xd had fewer options for mods, my hatred for the .40sw round developed, etc.....

I loved the xdm full size that I shot not too long ago though, idk why theres a difference.

Glocks are either love them or hate them, and I love my 33 and my 17 before it....

Before I get accused of being a "fanboy" do note, I currently have 1 glock(sig caliber), 1 sig, 1 colt, 1 walther, an unknown 38spl and pocket 25.....so I'm all over the board

chicken89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    i have a XD .40 subcompact. i love it, but finding a quality IWB holster has been very difficult. Found a Dom Hum and Uncle Mike's. the uncle mike's seems to be of poor quality and heard nothing but negatives on it. seen some companies online that make holsters, but too much for me to afford. so for that sole idea (lack of finding a good holster), i would recommend going with the glock.

Top Bottom