• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I recently bought my first hand gun. I purchased a springfield gi 1911. I noticed when I bought it that the rear sight was installed a little off from the way it should have been and that resulted in small but very sharp burr. After a day at the range I decided to send the slide to them for a repair and refinish. The lady I spoke with gave me a shipping label and quoted me two to four weeks. Ten days later i have a package on my doorstep. I thought it was my slide, but it was the slide to an XD 40. I called early the next morning and not only did they stop my slide in transit and reroute it to me but still got it to me in under the time quoted. They were so very apologetic, but they didn't need to be, it was a simple mix up when someone slapped the labels on there. Either way I thought i should tell the story here and I will add, the way they took care of my problems was extremely fast and professional. I will not hesitate to buy a firearm from them again.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have talked to them a few times and no complaint's. My XD has a finish issue and since I am the original owner they said I can send it in now or year's from now and they will take care of it and will even send me a FedEx box with a return shipping label :).

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    great to hear...i'm a springfield fan..i currently have the xd.40 sub and the .45acp...i've never had any problems with them( thousands of rounds never a jam]...but its great to know if i do have a problem...they will take care of me..

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I love to brag on people for good service, I too am in a service industry and work at it every day so I have a lot of respect for anyone that makes things right, even when it is not their fault.

to answer some of the questions, yes they sent fedex to pick up the other slide, it belonged to someone else and I was not about to hold it for ransom or sell it.

I do not remember the number but I will try to look it up. you can find it on their website though.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    +2 for SA Customer service

My first SA 1911 I bought new and after 250 rounds the exrtactor started backing out slightly and clocking. They said send it in and I did. Because the slide did not match up perfectly vertically, they just replaced the entire slide while also adjusting the extractor! +1

Recently I sent in my second SA 1911 that I bought used. I had noticed that the front sight (G.I. model) was set off center and was causing me a problem. They said send in just the slide, so I did. It looked like they just replaced the front sight, so I let them know that it was still off center. They apologized and said send in the entire gun in so I did. This time they replaced the entire slide and refinished the entire gun, slide, frame and even the barrel! +2

One of the reasons I bought Springfield Armory, Great customer service!

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I just parted ways with the gun that started this thread today and I have to say that I would love to build my own 1911 some day but for now I will be looking for the right springfield model when I buy another 1911.

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County
    My SA 1911 Champion has been so reliable I never had to deal with them - knocking on the wood here - but it's good to hear about a good experience.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Carp32
    Top Bottom