• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I need help. I have a friend that is wanting to sell a very nice Remington made Springfield 1903A3 to take the edge off the financial strain of a family emergency. He offered it to me well below what they're going for on the open market. I've handled it before and know it's in 8/10 condition. This is driving me nuts because I really really want it. I'm also in a position where I can and can't afford it all at the same time. (Possible, but it's going to hurt if you catch my drift).

I do not own a scrap of 30-06 ammunition and I realize building up a decent supply of ammo is going to triple the cost of buying this rifle. Somebody talk me out of it please. I know the right thing to do is pass it up.

Chris

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    here is me stopping you:

*crickets*

Even if you cant stock up right away, you are helping him by buying something you want. You'll have your toy, and can scrounge some ammo later.

DOOOOOO EEEEEET!

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Get it, it might cost $30 more in 2017 if Clinton is in office.

You can always sell it to me for what you bought it for.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I need help. I have a friend that is wanting to sell a very nice Remington made Springfield 1903A3 to take the edge off the financial strain of a family emergency. He offered it to me well below what they're going for on the open market. I've handled it before and know it's in 8/10 condition. This is driving me nuts because I really really want it. I'm also in a position where I can and can't afford it all at the same time. (Possible, but it's going to hurt if you catch my drift).

I do not own a scrap of 30-06 ammunition and I realize building up a decent supply of ammo is going to triple the cost of buying this rifle. Somebody talk me out of it please. I know the right thing to do is pass it up.

Chris

Well since its a family emergency, I could offer to pay what its worth to him or at least more than you are and help him and you out at the same time plus I have some ammo for it.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    here is me stopping you:

*crickets*

Even if you cant stock up right away, you are helping him by buying something you want. You'll have your toy, and can scrounge some ammo later.

DOOOOOO EEEEEET!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I have owned two 03A3 Remy's and they are AWESOME rifles. Get it, you will be glad.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Sorry, can't help you.

M1903LymanPeep1_zpsz19yh9zj.jpg

Shooting my M1903 at 600 yards.
    1903atAtterbury02062016bsmall_zpsvjt9et4o.jpg

Buy it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Why would we talk you out of a great life decision? It's not like this is a marriage or something. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you get it, the CMP still has about the best price on surplus 30-06 and it's good, reloadable stuff too. I have an 03 (not A3) and it's an awesome rifle. You won't regret it!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN

Chris

A friend of mine had a family emergency where he had to raise some money. I gave him what he wanted for his rifle and told him it would be in my gun safe until he was in a position to get it back. It will always be his rifle that I am just holding.

I have absolutely no interest in shooting it. I don't even like it.

We are friends. That is what is important.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Buy it!
    I have one I got several years ago that's in great condition, and even though it's been mostly a safe queen I've never regretted buying it.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Buy it and don't fret the ammo issue.
    As was already mentioned, there's still an abundance of milsurp ammo that's non-corrosive and uses boxer primed (reloadable) brass.
    It would also be a great time to get a reloading setup if you don't have one already.
    A good bolt action, especially in the most popular caliber of them all, is a total winner, plus it's legal for deer hunting come Friday morning 1/2 hour before dawn, assuming you have some private land on which to hunt with it.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom