• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Can I get a good spotting scope for $150 or less? Also, fixed or variable, what is your preference? I checked a few sites and the choices are overwhelming.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    By the silence I take it there is no such thing as a good scope for under $150. :)

Guess I'll have to set my sights a little higher. Thanks slow1911s. I'll check em out.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Don't laugh. I wanted a spotting scope to see .223 holes at 100yds. I asked for a Barska blackhawk 20-60x60 for Christmas. I took it to the range last Friday and it worked great even in the overcast. Sportsman's guide had them for $109 minus a $30 coupon code over the holidays. I'd like to get it out to some longer ranges but that probably wont happen until spring.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Overcast is normally not the issue, most of the larger objectives will gather enough light.
    The issue is normally when the mirage is running and the target appears blurred.
    If you're shooting a black bullseye at 100 yards and you have a dark background (berm) behind the target, loosely staple a white cloth on the backside of your target backer. The hole that the bullet makes in the black will now be much easier to see.

Top Bottom