• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I went into Rajo's this morning looking for reloading equipment. There was one clerk on the counter. Stan must have been in the back because his Suburban was parked out front. There was one other customer until 3 youngish (early 20s ?) dudes walked in and said they were just looking around. They had baggy, almost sloppy, clothes on. I walked out and found that they had parked on Franklin street right in front of my truck, stopping only 3 feet short of hitting my front bumper even though there were parking places in front of them. Their passenger front tire was turned in and up on the sidewalk. My wife said she was pushing her foot through the floor board hoping the idiot would stop backing up. We both thought about the 3 "hoodie boys" that have hit the Wesselman's market and the Diamond Valley credit union twice, all in the last 3 months. I went around the block and saw that they had come out and were driving over the sidewalk and up the alley west of Rajo's. I went around the block again and by now they had parked behind up against the building. This really got my attention. I pulled up next to an Evansville PO a couple blocks away by the VFW and told him what I'd seen. He said he'd make a few rounds. I then went back to Rajo's and went inside and talked to the clerk. He said he'd got a weird feeling too and had heard their loud truck pull up behind the building. He said in the meantime he'd put a 1911 on his belt instead of just having his SP101. He showed it to me and I showed him my G27 on my belt and said if my wife wasn't in the truck I'd stick around:D. As I was walking to the door he followed me and grabbed a spare mag from under the counter and thanked my for alerting him. The really funny thing about the whole situation was within 5 minutes there were 4 cop cars parked next door at the Gerst House and they were all getting ready for lunch. Anyway, maybe something was going to happen and it didn't for a variety of reasons. Again, I was very glad that I pack full time. You never know what you might walk into or what might walk into you!!

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Yep, sounds a little sketchy to me too! I would have done the same thing, minus going back into the shop. Sounds like you know the guy who owns it though.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Yep, sounds a little sketchy to me too! I would have done the same thing, minus going back into the shop. Sounds like you know the guy who owns it though.
    There was no way I wasn't going to go back in and warn the clerk. I didn't want to get caught in a robbery but not telling him would have been morally negligent. The dudes must have left in the meantime because when I went around the block for the third time they were gone. I saw the police officer I flagged down make at least two trips around the block and up the alley so, yeah, maybe I did stop something.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Ha, that would be creepy.

Did you see that C&P finally wrote about those 3 people shot at Scores? Somebody on the forum said the Zoo Guy should have been there and then only the gunman would have been shot!

My wife was quick to point out I may have lived only to be shot once I got home...

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville

Did you see that C&P finally wrote about those 3 people shot at Scores? Somebody on the forum said the Zoo Guy should have been there and then only the gunman would have been shot!

My wife was quick to point out I may have lived only to be shot once I got home...
    Were the heck you been, Frosty? I'd started believing in alien abduction. I didn't read the C&P comments but I will. When did you stop going to Scores on your way home from work?:D Be sure to remind Tiff that she can't carry when she visits you at St. Mary's.

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I tell people all the time: Remember this .... trust your instincts. If something doesn't seem right, it's probably not right. Oh, did I say trust your instincts? Worth repeating!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Were the heck you been, Frosty? I'd started believing in alien abduction. I didn't read the C&P comments but I will. When did you stop going to Scores on your way home from work?:D Be sure to remind Tiff that she can't carry when she visits you at St. Mary's.

I'm here all the time, where have YOU been??? :D

And QUIT tryin to get me in trouble!!! I haven't ever been to Scores. :noway:

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Not to change the topic of your thread but I went to Strictly Shooting a few days ago and I should sell them some of my guns! Gun store .... not many guns.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Rajos has plenty of handguns. I was standing off to the side about 3/4 of the way back looking for some dies. The "boys" were right up at the counter looking at the large spread. Personally I wouldn't want to work in a gun store.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Rajos is a narrow store that is cut pretty well in half lengthwise front to back with display cases to your right as you walk in that create a long funnel that puts you half way back before you can get to the west side to look at other merchandise. The whole thing is hard to move around in. I'd hate to be stuck on the west side behind all the racks if there was a shooting or fire. You'd pretty well have to try to bust one of the front windows to get out. However, you could probably hide and wait for a perp to be stupid enough to come looking for you. I guess in that regard it's better than a wide open place like Strictly Shooting. The good thing is they are carry-friendly unlike Buck's and Jake's in Boonville.

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Rajos is a narrow store that is cut pretty well in half lengthwise front to back with display cases to your right as you walk in that create a long funnel that puts you half way back before you can get to the west side to look at other merchandise. The whole thing is hard to move around in. I'd hate to be stuck on the west side behind all the racks if there was a shooting or fire. You'd pretty well have to try to bust one of the front windows to get out. However, you could probably hide and wait for a perp to be stupid enough to come looking for you. I guess in that regard it's better than a wide open place like Strictly Shooting. The good thing is they are carry-friendly unlike Buck's and Jake's in Boonville.

Buck and Jakes in Boonville is not OC friendly or just plain carry a gun friendly?

fenderpbass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Evansville
    Glad things turned out okay. Sometimes there are several guys behind the counter there at Rajos. They are usually carrying. The guy at Guns Unlimited always carries with one in the chamber. He's a little high on prices but he is a one man show there. He's been there for several years on Covert Ave.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

LOL I think your wife must be related to mine......

Top Bottom