• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

All have a happy second independence day.

Passed July 2nd. Richard Henry Lee of Virginia should be remembered.

Resolved, That these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be, free and independent States, that they are absolved from all allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain is, and ought to be, totally dissolved.

That it is expedient forthwith to take the most effectual measures for forming foreign Alliances.

That a plan of confederation be prepared and transmitted to the respective Colonies for their consideration and approbation

The third commettee formed that day created what we now hold dear, the constitution.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    It was 248 years ago today that our founding fathers bravely signed that wonderful document declaring our nation to be independent of it's former ruler. They had mutually pledge to each other their lives, fortunes and sacred honor in support of the cause knowing full well the incredible cost many would have to (and in fact that many did) pay for their experiment in freedom to succeed.

I hope every American has had a good day today.

I hope every American remembered how far we've come since that fateful day.

I hope every American realizes what that freedom has cost us in damaged, destroyed, and lost lives from that day til this one, and that none of us will remain free another single day... without those willing to step up and keep us that way.

Happy Independence Day America.

449682825_1625106681670686_274216964224694263_n.jpg

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for calling the holiday exactly what it is: Independence Day, not The Fourth of July. Just a pet peeve of mine. But I am looking forward to my favorite holiday, The Twenty-Fifth of December.

Top Bottom