• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvoVIIIMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I received a speeding ticket from a state trooper this morning. He said he clocked me at 61 in a 45 but on the ticket under vehicle speed it says N/A.

Did he forget to put the speed on the ticket? Is this a way out of it?

BTW I was carrying and had my .223 dies in my passenger seat.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Once when I got a lawyer he noted three things wrong with my ticket (not for speeding). It got dropped the next day. I think it cost me $120 to the lawyer. I didn't mind.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I received a speeding ticket from a state trooper this morning. He said he clocked me at 61 in a 45 but on the ticket under vehicle speed it says N/A.

Did he forget to put the speed on the ticket? Is this a way out of it?

Yeah go the speed limit or don't get caught..Also look again the new printed out tickets are weird either that or he was doing you a favor since 16 over would have cost a bit more then just a speeding ticket I believe.:dunno:

BTW I was carrying and had my .223 dies in my passenger seat.

Most LEO I know aren't big "gun guys" (with exceptions)he probably had no idea what the dies were or cared and if he didn't ask you do not have to notify him that you are carrying.

:)

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Once when I got a lawyer he noted three things wrong with my ticket (not for speeding). It got dropped the next day. I think it cost me $120 to the lawyer. I didn't mind.

Yep -that is often better that paying $120 for a ticket and having it on the driving record...

EvoVIIIMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    speeding 1-15 $120
    speeding 16-30 $130

I was wondering if he was doing me a favor because we was unusually nice and seemed really concerned with people speeding.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My choice NOW is to just not speed. It's not that bad. I had one guy as I was heading south on Bluff Road a few months ago flip me off for going the speed limit.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I make it a point to go slightly slower than the flow of traffic. Yes, that usually means I'm speeding... (especially on 456) but the people passing me are the ones getting pulled over.

EvoVIIIMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    My wife says I drive like an old man. I always do the speed limit. I honestly was just not paying attention and in a car that is easy to speed in. This is my second time being pulled over for speeding in 14 years.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i usually do 5 over and set cruise control out here where im at they dont care as long as you arent speeding excessively. too many times i see cars going by my house doing 80+ the the next day that car parked infront of my house with cherries and berries sitting right behind it.

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    My wife says I drive like an old man. I always do the speed limit. I honestly was just not paying attention and in a car that is easy to speed in. This is my second time being pulled over for speeding in 14 years.

It could happen to anyone. He probably just needed to fill his quota, was in a hurry and forgot to write down the speed. It could probably be thrown out. You might not even need an attorney if you can just point out to the judge that there is no speed on the ticket, tell him you arent sure why you even got stopped.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It could happen to anyone. He probably just needed to fill his quota, was in a hurry and forgot to write down the speed. It could probably be thrown out. You might not even need an attorney if you can just point out to the judge that there is no speed on the ticket, tell him you arent sure why you even got stopped.

What's your source that the Indiana State Police have a quota? Why would anyone want to lie in court?

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Speeding Ticket

He was probably being nice by not indicating that you were driving in excess of 15 mph over the limit which I think can be considered as wreckless driving. You got a ticket, so I would not go into court trying to fight it based on an apparent loophole. I would, however, consider contributing to the Indiana State Police Alliance. They give out window decals and they are a cheap way to just get a warning for speeding instead of a ticket. I am sure of that.

Top Bottom