Specters Cat WB inconel can / Otter Creek Polonium / Liberty Precision Anthem S - + TSV SOS 22 can

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I had 3 people on here message me about the CAT WB after I posted the approval in the timelines thread so I decided to take a real quick video while picking it up at Andrew's today.

I was in a real big hurry to get this all done asap so I didn't take up more of his time than necessary, and there's no editing or cutting of the couple brain farts I had while doing this.

To be honest the video is kind of useless. The phone mic peaks out in virtually the same way for each can. I placed it next to the port door 2 feet from me to get roughly the best sound I could for how it would be to your ear but it just didn't work well.

After just a few shots though here's my very minimal assumptions and observations given these 3 cans are all very hot on the internet still;

- the Polonium can't be beat for the price if you just need a 556 can and care about muzzle dB / flash suppression and are willing to tune your gas for it. It's very gassy but sounds great on 13.7+" ARs, especially when they're tuned for it

- the LPM Anthem S/S2 (now only S2's are available with slight improvements over the S's I have) *absolutely* cant be beaten if you can only get one suppressor and are needing to cover 556 and 30 cal platforms. It shines on 30 cal but for me I love it so much on 5.56 I bought a second right after my first and plan on getting a third. On my 14.5+ builds I feel it absolutely is hearing safe if you're only going for a mag or two. Get a BRT Eztune gas tube and avoid the adjustable gas block for your 556 AR - you don't need it with this can and the BRT tube. At $650 msrp these are the bargains of the year

- the CAT WB has tested on Pew Science to be the undisputed king so far for 14.5 besides the PTR Vent that was just tested - but the PTR is almost 3" longer and is titanium - which I'd just avoid. I've just gotten this today so have very very little time with it but I couldn't tell any difference between the LPM Anthem S and this - except I think on the 11.5 the WB was quieter. There's plenty of videos out there on the CAT cans and the WB has better flash suppression than a RC2 and is much lighter + made out of inconel while also being shorter and MUCH quieter. Is the WB at nearly double the cost of the LPM Anthem S something I'd recommend? If you already have a 30 cal can and it does good on 556, probably not unless shaving 1.3" and 4oz off will help you. Would I recommend the WB over the Polonium at over double the cost? If you just want the best 556 can you can get, yeah I probably would. The gas on the WB is non-existent compared to the Polonium, making adjusting and tuning your AR much easier plus the at ear sound is much better on all lengths I've tried today.

The LPM Anthem S/S2 is still my favorite can and the best money I've spent on anything gun related so far. I highly recommend the Anthem S and if I had a bit more money than what the WB costs to spend and wanted to really cover my bases - I'd buy the LPM Anthem S2 + the Anthem L2 for a few hundred bucks more and have everything from short barrel 556, 300BO, 308 ARs, to 308/6.5cm bolt guns covered.

And here's a quick clip of the TSV SOS 22 cans @Aszerigan has a few of left for sale. Made in Indiana + very inexpensive and lightweight. This little thing blew me away - but this was also the first time I've ever shot 22lr subsonic. The only sound was the bolt moving. Quite literally just the bolt.

Edit: To be super clear here, too, these are just opinions from a nobody, and a novice to the NFA world who's personally only been able to compare I think 12 cans now - most of which were at indoor ranges. So grain of salt and all that.

Also - it may seem like I'm not happy with the CAT WB. That's simply not true, but what is true is that the LPM Anthem S is just a near impossible to beat all around can - before even considering it only being $650 msrp. If your jam is short 556 ARs, don't forsee any 30 cal guns in the future, and price isn't a big issue, the WB seems to be the way to go given its size, gassing, weight, and material choice.

But what I do know is if you're in Indiana and on INGO - you should buy your cans from @Aszerigan - that much I can speak firmly on.

P.s - I'm 95% sure he has a LPM Anthem S2 in stock right now - and I don't think anyone else has any available currently.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom