• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Anyone else notice when you post in a thread you start getting spam emails?

At first I thought it was a coincidence but now it has happened every time I post in a thread and start getting emails from the post. When I unsubscribe to the post, the spam emails stop.

I think this needs investigated. :dunno:

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    Are you sure that you do not have it set to send you an email anytime someone replies to the subscribed thread? I do know that is one of the options when you subscribe to threads. :dunno:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What???? So you have it set to send you an email every time there is a response to that thread. And when there is a post, you get an email and therefore it's spam????

Is this supposed to funny and you are just calling everyone's post spam?

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    What???? So you have it set to send you an email every time there is a response to that thread. And when there is a post, you get an email and therefore it's spam????

Sure is what it seems like. :scratch:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

I'm laughing so hard I think I peed!!! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::thumbsup: Too funny! :D

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana

NOOOOOOOOOO, that is not what I said. Responses from INGOer's are not spam, however some spam (Junk) email comes in with them every now and then. :n00b:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Anyone else notice when you post in a thread you start getting spam emails?

At first I thought it was a coincidence but now it has happened every time I post in a thread and start getting emails from the post. When I unsubscribe to the post, the spam emails stop.

I think this needs investigated. :dunno:

NOOOOOOOOOO, that is not what I said. Responses from INGOer's are not spam, however some spam (Junk) email comes in with them every now and then. :n00b:

Which is it? Every time or now and then?:dunno:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Is it possible to get some screen shots or something? I think it is a coincidence that the spam is coming in at the same time, especially if it's every now and then. Also, is this spam from the same place? Need more detail especially since you appear to be the only one having an issue.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN

I highly doubt it has anything to do with INGO. I get spam in my email regardless of what notifications I sign up for. Those are unrelated. Spam comes from any sites you put your email into for surveys and all sorts of free whatnot online. If the spam bothers you that much, unsubscribe from the emails or delete immediately without looking at them.

Or, if the spam really bothers you, sign up for a new email account entirely and watch where you put your email address in. I would suggest gmail. With the account I created a few months ago, I haven't gotten a single spam message.

Top Bottom