• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Looking to try my hand at 3-guns:ar15:. What are the local ranges that host 3 gun shoots? I live in Southern Ind. Also, what are the ranges and people like? Competitive, helpful, high skill level only, etc...

Thanks!
    Steve

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Owensboro Rifle & Pistol Club - ORPCI.org These folks host 3-4 matches a year. And, they are among the best you'll find in the US (IMO). Red Brush Rifle Range may still host some matches, too.

The people are great - they like to shoot, have fun, and don't take themselves too serious (YMMV). And, you'll see all kinds of shooters - new ones, folks who have attended several major matches, and those in between. The ranges are typically short - <100 yds, and 90% of the shots under 50 yds.

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    Steve,

Slow1911s break down is spot on. ORPCI puts on great Multi-Gun matches. I'm an avid 3-Gunner willing to travel a few hours for a match. It takes me about 3.5 hours to make the drive to Owensboro, and I made it 3 times last year.

I don't know how far south you are, or how far you are willing to drive, but Atlanta Conservation Club in Atlanta, IN (central) hosts Multi-Gun and Speed Shotgun matches. More info is available at www.atlantacc.net

The Club's address is:
    29595 Leonard Road
    Atlanta, IN 46031

2010 ACC Multi-Gun Dates:
    March 14 - Speed Shotgun
    May 9 - Multi-Gun
    July 11 - Speed Shotgun

September 12 - Multi-Gun
    November 14th - Multi-Gun

It would be great to have you!

Ryan Zamberlan
    Multi-Gun Match Director
    Atlanta Conservation Club
    Atlanta, IN
    www.atlantacc.net

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Tri-County Sportsman's Club in Kentucky also has 3-gun or multi-gun. Most of that crew are regulars at Owensboro.

Bluegrass near Lexington, KY does 3-gun every month.

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks all, I live real close to Red Brush :rockwoot:. Tri-Count was my first, and only 3-gun and had a blast and the people were great!:ar15: Hope to make it both to Owensboro and to ACC this season. Would even like to try and get something started at Red Brush.

Thanks!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, the Tri-County people are a great group. You probably met Pete Laub and the Parkers among others. You'll see them at Owensboro too.

The matches at Owensboro are the best multi-gun matches within driving distance of Indiana. They also have a great group of guys and they host the KY multi-gun match every year.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom