• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Work on the SCGC range is progressing nicely.The bay up by the storeage shed is going to be 25 yd. wide and 35 yd deep. This will be a great addition to our range, no more 2 stages in 1 bay. Now all we have to do is figure out how to get 6 RO's for each match, OR do you guys like shooting less squads with more shooters on each squad????

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Work on the SCGC range is progressing nicely.The bay up by the storeage shed is going to be 25 yd. wide and 35 yd deep. This will be a great addition to our range, no more 2 stages in 1 bay. Now all we have to do is figure out how to get 6 RO's for each match, OR do you guys like shooting less squads with more shooters on each squad????

9-12 per squad is about right...much less, too much work...much more too much standing.

Sunday was about right. I think we had 4 squads of 11 with one bay open...We weren't backed up all day. I'm not sure how the rest fared:yesway:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

I think making sure that the RO's that sign up actually take a full squad instead always coming up short, yes I am referring to that squad, same one that always tears down the classifier, and targets end up getting moved, yes we all know who's squad I am referring too, I would recommend match directors not have that person RO.

5 squads with 10 should work well

Craigh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    I think making sure that the RO's that sign up actually take a full squad instead always coming up short, yes I am referring to that squad, same one that always tears down the classifier, and targets end up getting moved, yes we all know who's squad I am referring too, I would recommend match directors not have that person RO.

Jake,

You'll have to help me out with your suggestion, as I'm not familiar with the situation you're referring to. Maybe Max is up to speed. Feel free to PM me.

I prefer 8-10 on a squad, where everyone helps reset the stage so we can move through the match effectively. Most of the shooters on the squads I've been a part of have been really good in this regard. If others aren't, we need to 'encourage' them to help...

I agree with Max, with the extra bay, we’ll be able to do more but, need the help to pull it off.

Thanks,

Craig

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute

you picked a great week to do dirt work!!!!

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist

:thumbsup: :whip:

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    I would like to have at least 2 people who can RO on each squd so we don't kill the RO by having him run every shooter and then have to shoot after everyone else has. I am having a hard time getting people to RO. I give them a big discount but it seems each macth I have trouble getting enough to RO. The last thing you want to do is set up the match, make everything right so all have fun,RO a squad, then get everything put a way again. More of you guy that can RO needs to come forward.

Top Bottom