Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Here we go AGAIN!!!!:rockwoot:
    Sunday June 7th SCGC USPSA Match
    6 Stages 170 rds. Classifier 03-18
    Setup Saturday the 6th starting at 10am. Remember the PRIZE Drawing for set up help!!!
    Sign in starting at 9am New Shooters meeting at 9:30 and Shooters meeting at 10am
    $20 non members $10 Members and RO's $5 (If you will RO please post here)

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'll take a squad also Max.
    One thing to remind RO's, absent any other instructions to the contrary, the start position would be squared up downrange, not turned 45 degrees to the first target.

Also, one more thing: If you have to stop someone in the middle of a COF for any reason, make sure the first thing you do is get them to unload and show clear, not talk. My mistake.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    I'll take a squad also Max.
    One thing to remind RO's, absent any other instructions to the contrary, the start position would be squared up downrange, not turned 45 degrees to the first target.

Also, one more thing: If you have to stop someone in the middle of a COF for any reason, make sure the first thing you do is get them to unload and show clear, not talk. My mistake.
    8.2.2 covers start position. Paul Francis and I discussed this also with the classifier. Facing up range, body erect, hand position as specified in walk thru.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    8.2.2 covers start position. Paul Francis and I discussed this also with the classifier. Facing up range, body erect, hand position as specified in walk thru.

If you look in the Glossary in the back of the rule book it gives a definition for this.

"Facing uprange" = Face and Feet pointing directly (90 degrees)away from the backstop with shoulders parallel to the backstop.
    "Facing Downrange" = The exact opposite of facing uprange.

As we were discussing Max I think your feet should be side by side but I'm not sure about them facing uprange but staggered front to back like some were doing.
    Some had one foot turned sideways and I'm sure that isn't a OK start position.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    If you look in the Glossary in the back of the rule book it gives a definition for this.

"Facing uprange" = Face and Feet pointing directly (90 degrees)away from the backstop with shoulders parallel to the backstop.

As we were discussing Max I think your feet should be side by side but I'm not sure about them facing uprange but staggered front to back like some were doing.

I think if you have your cover garment aligned with your foot angle then it is ok. Could be wrong tho.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood

The way it was explained to me is you are squared up with the rear fault line. Just a reminder, I saw several shooters started at a 45 degree angle, squared up on their first target, not facing squarely downrange. I'm sure the RO on that squad had no idea.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Now :popcorn: and wait for the hate ...

Na, it is all good :).

If I was a better person I wouldn't enjoy making the dumb and unnecessary remark when either sport is rules lawyering. However, cookies are a good thing, and at least that other sport doesn't get into stuff about whether you dress right or left

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Na, it is all good :).

If I was a better person I wouldn't enjoy making the dumb and unnecessary remark when either sport is rules lawyering. However, cookies are a good thing, and at least that other sport doesn't get into stuff about whether you dress right or left

It's not about lawyering, it's about everyone getting the same start position and people not getting an unfair advantage.

Top Bottom