South Bend Midwest Gun Exchange no longer carries Colt ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    Anyone know what the deal is with Midwest Gun Exchange not carrying Colt firearms anymore? I was in there yesterday browsing and made mention i was looking for a colt and they told me that they had some disagreement and they would no longer be getting any new colt arms but that's all I could get out of them.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Anyone know what the deal is with Midwest Gun Exchange not carrying Colt firearms anymore. I was in there yesterday browsing and made mention i was looking for a colt and they told me that they had some disagreement and they would no longer be getting any new colt arms but that's all I could get out of them.

What kind of disagreement would they have? It's not like they were Colt direct or anything.

Eaglejet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    That happened awhile back when I was there as well, only with Kahr. Only had a couple left, guy said the owner got mad at the company for whatever reason and stopped carrying them. Haven't been there in a little while but they still had them last time I was there.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Sounds like the owner is only going to be hurting his bottom line. Too many folks are akin to Colt and if he opts to not sell it then better for the next firearms dealer in town. Doesn't sound like a wise move on Midwest's part.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    Were they selling Colt's above MSRP?

I was wondering that as well. I asked how much they marked up their guns and the guy said around msrp or 10-20% above msrp i believe. Might of been 10-15% forget.

I was really looking for a colt AR. I know they had them before this craziness, because my uncle bought a few around 3 weeks ago.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Aren't they the sole retailer for that Gatling gun that Colt is building? Seems like they'd have to have been pretty tight with Colt to have that deal.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Some manufactures have agreements and will cut you off if you get caught selling above MSRP. I have no idea if that is the case here.

PMSTEEL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    I was at their South Bend store last week. The guns that I was interested in were about $50 higher than I was willing to pay. The saleman said the tag on the firearm is the price. I drove to Cabelas and Blythe's a couple of days later and was able to buy the 2 firearms that I was interested in with a total savings of $90 over Midwest. Midwest prices were good in the past, not now.

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    I was at their South Bend store last week. The guns that I was interested in were about $50 higher than I was willing to pay. The saleman said the tag on the firearm is the price. I drove to Cabelas and Blythe's a couple of days later and was able to buy the 2 firearms that I was interested in with a total savings of $90 over Midwest. Midwest prices were good in the past, not now.

You should talk to a differet salesman. I got my 1911 for 10% off sticker and my AR for 15% off sticker. Although those were pre panic.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana

I know your butt hurt over their pricing but this is about them selling colt not about their generalr pricing structure. Stick to teh topic at hand.
    You dont like their pricing, we get it. You bought somewhere else, we get it. Now get over it. You already posted this (crying about midwest prices) elsewhere no need to make crying about pricing what defines you as a member!

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    Were they selling Colt's above MSRP?

Just about Everything in that store was over priced. They wanted $300 for an esee junglas, and $99 for an esee izula. Wow. And their new gun prices were through the roof.

Now their used guns were not too bad though. As far as I seen.

Top Bottom