• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is what happens when a country falls apart. When I lived in SA and drove this road it was nothing more than a scenic drive on the way to the International Airport, (I have no idea who Oliver Tambo is or why they named the airport after him. Probably another Marxist terrorist). Now it's something out of friggin' Road Warrior. Why would events like this have not occurred when I lived there? Because there were armed cops that drove the road, (black and white) and because the government hadn't disarmed the productive class, yet. It's a sad situation. South Africa used to be a gem, despite the destructive nature of apartheid.

From The Right Perspective via War On Guns

Bands of roving “road pirates” have been stalking drivers along South Africa’s main highway linking OT Airport to Pretoria for the last three months, raising concerns for the safety of tourists coming for the 2010 World Cup Games.
    Businessmen, road crews fixing the highway, and even US Aid agency workers have fallen prey to the gangs, which usually travel in packs of 8 to 20.
    “They stole my watch, wallet and cellphone. When I tried to escape they grabbed me and tied me up with barbed wire,” said businessman Jannie Schoeman, who was recently caught by the pirates when he stopped to change a flat tire near St. George’s Hotel. Schoeman was also shot in the legs by the pirates.

What little security around the area has little effect on the crime spree. A security guard was seriously injured recently after being shot in an exchange with the pirates.
    The attacks happen mostly between 9pm and 4am, between the Tembisa Road Bridge and the N1/R21 interchange. Motorists are stopped by debris thrown off bridges or rocks that have been lined up on the roadway.
    As typical for the country, South African police have known about the attacks since at least September yet have done little to stop them, leaving the pirates to work with impunity. Little has been done to warn the public, save for a recent notice from the Pierre van Ryneveld community policing forum (CPF).

There's no help for these folks. Disarmed and outnumbered is no way to live. Apparently, even the police have gone bad now, according to a How To Survive a trip home on the community policing forum mentioned in the article. Cops were feared when I lived there, (it was a police state, after all), but they weren't corrupt. Just mean. Especially if you were black, mixed race or asian/indian. SA is going to descend into savagery yet. That's what happens when marxists take over and they disarm the populace.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    this thread has inspired me to watch one of my all time favorite movies tonight. Zulu.

Great movie...

Mrjarrell, I feel for you. I've known several fellows from SA / Rhodesia.... one thing in common with all of them, they love and understand liberty like few people in this country. There is no confusion over just how slippery the slope can be.

They also realize the USA is only a few steps away from it.

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    As I recall. The USA lead a philosophy of embargo towards South Africa. Another meddling attempt by leftists here to impose "American ideals" on other country. What a pompous, overbearing attitude. Whats happened in South Africa and continues now can be directly attributed to the USA and liberal stupidity. The savages are loose in SA, and amongst us here also, waiting for the opportunity. It won't be so amusing when our savages are giving your family members a "necklace" .

Last edited:
    Top Bottom