• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    I would have thought Ruger would have put out a 10mm version of the American. Seems like it would be an easy switch from the .45 to a 10 like S & W did. I have a Smith 10 but since I own several Ruger pistols, I would be interested to see what they could do with a 10 that wasn't a 1911.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    To each their own I guess.
    I like the 10mm round.
    I have a 1911 in 10mm, a Hi Point carbine in 10mm, and a Thompson Contender barrel in 10mm.

For whatever reason, I just can't warm up to a revolver that uses moon clips.
    I like revolvers, just not moon clips.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I would have thought Ruger would have put out a 10mm version of the American. Seems like it would be an easy switch from the .45 to a 10 like S & W did. I have a Smith 10 but since I own several Ruger pistols, I would be interested to see what they could do with a 10 that wasn't a 1911.
    The American is built like a tank. I think it could handle 10mm. They definitely need at least a 15rd magazine to compete with the others.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Realistically I think if they did a PCC variant of the American it would be based on their standard short action, then have an adapter to use the same magazines from either their 1911 line or it would be SR pattern.

1911 mag adapter makes more sense. Could take advantage of the 10mm and 45 Auto. Pair that with a 16 inch threaded barrel and you've got a supremely quiet and economical short range bolt gun

tnboy17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2023
    Fort Wayne IN
    To each their own I guess.
    I like the 10mm round.
    I have a 1911 in 10mm, a Hi Point carbine in 10mm, and a Thompson Contender barrel in 10mm.

For whatever reason, I just can't warm up to a revolver that uses moon clips.
    I like revolvers, just not moon clips.
    I agree with everything you said. I owned a Smith and Wesson 357 with the moon clips and they are a pain in the rear. Also looking to pick up a 10mm. What do you think of the Rock Island. On the fence on this one but it seems pretty well made for the $$.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I agree with everything you said. I owned a Smith and Wesson 357 with the moon clips and they are a pain in the rear. Also looking to pick up a 10mm. What do you think of the Rock Island. On the fence on this one but it seems pretty well made for the $$.
    I have the RIA 10mm.
    All I can say is you won't be disappointed.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON

I owned a Smith and Wesson 357 with the moon clips and they are a pain in the rear.
    Just curious what makes them a pain in the rear for you?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Thread 'Rock Island Ultra FS 10MM' https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/rock-island-ultra-fs-10mm.501306/

Are you looking at the double stack or single stack.

The thread above is my adventure with the single stack RIA Ultra FS 10mm.

Top Bottom