• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    How does everyone feel about the new handgun laws?? I personally feel like I paid a bunch of money, and did hoop jumping to be able to take my gun to a range, and be able to keep it in my car.. Now you dont have to do any of that! I want my $150 dollars back!
    My previous post titled "New Law??" was intended to generate discussion about them, not clarify them. Joshua

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You didn't waste the money.

You have, presumably, an unlimited lifetime LTCH.

You can CARRY your handgun with you.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Its a step forward for freedom. compare it to the peoples republik to the west of us. Personally I won't be satisfied until the entire country has constitutional carry period.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah well, I just went through the process in feb. Had I known that this would be the eventual outcome I would have just waited.

INGO has a pretty active 2nd Amendment politics forum. I always encourage people to get involved with their state legislatures so that they're aware of any bills that have been introduced and can contact their legislators to let them know how to vote. In fact, we were practically begging people to do call and write. Certainly each of these bills have been thoroughly discussed here since they were first made public at the beginning of the year.

For my part, any return of any of our Rights that have been illegally stolen from us is worth $150.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    INGO has a pretty active 2nd Amendment politics forum. I always encourage people to get involved with their state legislatures so that they're aware of any bills that have been introduced and can contact their legislators to let them know how to vote. In fact, we were practically begging people to do call and write. Certainly each of these bills have been thoroughly discussed here since they were first made public at the beginning of the year.

For my part, any return of any of our Rights that have been illegally stolen from us is worth $150.
    ^^^^^This^^^^^^

most firearm related bills will be talked about here days to weeks before they are mentioned in the news. just my past observations.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    be able to keep it in my car

If your goal was to carry your pistol in your car, then the LTCH was a worthy investment as you can now carry your pistol loaded in the car instead of unloaded and zipped up.

If you have the license then you no longer have to worry about transporting your handgun in compliance with the new exception. If you have the license then you do not have to worry about dropping the kids off at school (stay in the car!). If you have the license you no longer have to worry about stepping off your property with a pistol.

GET THE LICENSE. It's for life and an out against a misdemeanor.

I want my $150 dollars back!

Take it from me, even for a misdemeanor, lawyers cost more than $150.00. The license is a worthy investment.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    So yes, the question is, did you get a "qualified" or "unlimited" license?

The new law would only affect those with a "qualified" (shooting range and hunting) license. Most states don't have a "qualified" license, they have a CCW or CWL forconcealed carry and they've always been allowed to take their handgun to the range unloaded in the trunk. The new IN is just that, take it to the range, unloaded, inaccessible, in a secure container, to the range, hunting, and a few other narrow exceptions.

If you have an "unlimited" license this is similar to a CCW or CWL, and can carry in you vehicle, loaded, on your person, anywhere in the state that it is legal (with the license) to do so.

As mentioned, from the price you paid, you have and "unlimited" license and was not a waste of money.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    everytime I have ever paid the fee for a LTCH it was robbery by the state. thats because they are charging me for something that is my right anyways. but for now, we must pay the king his dues or else we will be forced to work in his license plate field, LOL

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Yeah well, I just went through the process in feb. Had I known that this would be the eventual outcome I would have just waited.
    :dunno:
    The new law doesn't allow you to carry it in your car or on your person loaded. It still has to be unloaded w/ the ammo in a seperate compartment. The ltch gives you much more freedom.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    If they were to pass a law that did away with the LTCH and allow any legal citizen to carry what they wanted, how they wanted, when ever they wanted with no LTCH, I would be fine with that even though Ive spent $150 on a LTCH.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    The lifetime LTCH is the best deal in the country short of those states that require no request to have their rights reinstated.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    :dunno:
    The new law doesn't allow you to carry it in your car or on your person loaded. It still has to be unloaded w/ the ammo in a seperate compartment. The ltch gives you much more freedom.

Sorry, WRONG.

Please re-read the statute. It states that the gun must be:

Unloaded,
    Encased,
    and Not Immediately Accessible. Says nothing about ammo or where it should be.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I've known myself for 47 yrs now and know I'm a complete 100% responsible and safe individual when it comes to firearms or anything else as a matter of fact. I'm happy to live in a pro gun state and proud to have Governor Daniels as our leader.
    That being said, I can see why people need to carry and you should to. Just observe the way people are treated in the workplaces and neighborhoods and it justifies the right for protection.;). Know what I mean. Good gun laws don't care what joe publics agenda is, thinks, or says.

Last edited:

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN

I thought the point of a LTCH was to be able to carry your gun on you? This new law just lets you carry it to/from the range in the case. With your LTCH you can carry it ALL the time with few exceptions.

Top Bottom