• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, who saw tonight's Sons of Guns season 4 finale?

Looks like Red Jacket's undergoing a bit of a "reorganization". You saw Flem with a previously unseen logo of "Acadiana Gun Works" whatever that is. Presumably the name of his new company that he struck out on his own as, as mentioned multiple times.

You saw Joe Meaux collecting his effects and vacating the premises.

You saw Charlie looking in on a vacant shop, turn, and walk away kinda dramaticly.

If those three are gone from the RJF organization, the company is essentially back to just Will, Stephanie, and Kris, plus a couple of shop minions, essentially smaller than they were at the beginning of the series.

As to the Vince vs. Will Remington 700 shootout, I had a feeling the .300 Whisper was gonna let him down on the two panes of auto glass challenge. Will's .308Rem failed the over-penetration test because it was such a hotter load. It's easier to make a few soft loads for the over-pen situations than it is to beef up the .300BLK with hotter loads for the targets under glass situations.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    It sure looked like they were closing up shop didn't it!! So who knows! It had gotten more like a soap opera! But I still liked watching it for the guns!:D

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I only watch it when I catch it and did manage to watch tonight episode. I use to like the show but their "acting" has got ridiculous and the shoots at the end of each episode are pretty much the same. Now I just watch to see the guns.

The whole way it ended was just screaming drama for another season. The producers did the ending the way they did to leave everyone in that WTF moment so they can tons of attention and a whole public outcry for them to bring the show back for another season. Will probably be some changes but they'll come back for another season.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Posted by Flem ob Facebook

Well by now yall have noticed I have my own shop. This was a decision I made soon after starting Acadiana Gunworks. About a week into the opening it was VERY obvious that I wasn’t going to be able to do both RJF and AGW so I made the decision that I still think was best for my family. Hell we have been open 3 months and we have already out grown the building that we thought would be ok for a year. Not a bad problem to have.
    Add to it that RJF was over an hour away from my house in Scott and I was spending the vast majority of my time away from my family while filming and it was a no brainer.
    The split left no hard feelings between us they know if they need anything Im more than willing to help them out it was just time for me to move on. I have a couple things that are coming up that I think yall may like though. One of which is The Gunners Vault.
    Think of it as a TV show that focuses on the guns themselves and not interpersonal drama or explosions. The only thing is it will be on YouTube.

The total focus will be the weapons, the history, manufacture, use, and design.
    My blog at glennfleming.com will also play a role in this as well, I will write about different aspects of the firearm not mentioned in the videos.Lastly I wanted to thank yall all for the support over the years with all this madness. Im amazed and humbled that so many of yall would give me the time of day on here. Being on tv was never really my calling I was really just in it for the guns and Im sure my tv skills made that apparent.

Well there ya go guys I hope yall will check out and like the new endeavor Ive got going on, so far Im having a ton of fun with it. Hell its just nice to write my own scripts! I will be posting on twitter (flemgunner), here, as well as the new Gunner Vault FB page about weapons and life in general. And of course my vette!In closing Id just like to say from The Wife, Nugster, Callie, Nemo, and myself thank you and yall shoot safe

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThegunnersVault

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    From Steph

Stephanie Hayden "Sons of Guns"

Wow..that was a show...I was there and I was on the edge! Redjacket is still in business, and as for everything else u wanna know...u gotta wait and see! Lol sorry guys!

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Didn't Will and Steph lose their FFL awhile back?
    Yep. ATF came a-inspectin' and there were several class 3 receivers that they couldn't produce, nor produce paperwork to show the disposition of them. They claimed they were damaged in gunsmithing experiments and destroyed, but they should have had paperwork for that.

ATF yanked Will's and Stephanie's class 3 manufacturers' licenses and RJF essentially ground to a halt. That was when Joe and Vince stepped up and got their manufacturer's licenses so the business could stay afloat. For a while, wasn't a class 3 firearm that left RJF that wasn't, on paper, being sold by Vince or Joe.

In appreciation for Vince's hard work on his behalf, Will worked him like a dog while heaping all of his praise on everyone but Vince. Vince eventually got tired of it and end of season 3, jumped ship. That left just Joe with a class 3 manufacturer's license, but I think Kris and Charlie got theirs in the mean time. Flem also got his since then, so even if it's just Kris, Will, and Steph, they can still manufacture class 3s.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    Guns and mfg make the show interesting, but I got real tired of the soap opera ambience real fast.

I liked the show about the family business out in Colorado better. (Can't remember the name now.)

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    American Guns which followed the antics at the shop called "Gun Smoke".

Now, there are at least one other that has started to air since Sandy Hook. Wild West Alaska is arguably a gun business centered show. There's also Duck Dynasty, but as I've never watched a single episode, I have no idea how much they deal with guns on it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Never heard of Wild West Alaska, what network is it on? I watch Son of Guns just because it's a "gun show" and I have a secret love affair with Steph :) I like Will at times but he seems like he could be a total Richard Head.

I miss American Guns for one reason and ONE reason only....

paige_wyatt_instagram_M3FDElX7.sized.jpg

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I hadn't seen the show for a long time but I got caught up in the soap drama last night. Now I remember why I quit watching and why I absolutely hate that Will guy. The harder that asshat falls, the louder I'll laugh.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    I read some of the BBB reports on Red Jacket. They are notorius for catering to the celebs, let the little guy fall thru the cracks when they are doing a job. Rather dubious business practices.
    Guess the show went to their heads.

Top Bottom