Sometimes I wonder what they are thinking....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Just had to share this.... I'm not sure what's going on at RAM, but it needs to stop. They took the best looking RAM ever and slapped that crap on the front of it...

Not to mention the rear.... R A M No pic of that, the front broke my camera...

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ram is it's own brand now. They are under the FCA umbrella, but no longer a Dodge product. Been that way for a little while now.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Gots nuttin on them Jeep Cherokee front ends.:n00b:

I agree that the new Jeep Cherokee is about the ugliest thing ever designed. But for some strange reason I am full-on obsessed with the Jeep Renegade. I want one of these little guys so badly.

images

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I agree that the new Jeep Cherokee is about the ugliest thing ever designed. But for some strange reason I am full-on obsessed with the Jeep Renegade. I want one of these little guys so badly.

images

I'm glad someone likes them, I cannot stand those either... You know what, just put me down as not liking anything coming out of the Chrysler camp except the '15 Charger....

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I'm glad someone likes them, I cannot stand those either... You know what, just put me down as not liking anything coming out of the Chrysler camp except the '15 Charger....
    Oh man, I heard a '15 SRT Charger on the highway messing around yesterday... Holy crap that exhaust note was awesome! No idea about it's performance, but damn that car sounded good.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Oh man, I heard a '15 SRT Charger on the highway messing around yesterday... Holy crap that exhaust note was awesome! No idea about it's performance, but damn that car sounded good.
    Well I believe the Hellcat Charger is claiming to be the fastest production 4 door sedan ever. Pretty good performance I think.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Well I believe the Hellcat Charger is claiming to be the fastest production 4 door sedan ever. Pretty good performance I think.
    Hmmm, after doing a little looking I'm pretty sure I wasn't looking at a 2015 SRT. I think was an older Charger Daytona R/T, but it still sounded pretty sweet. I'm sure that new Hellcat is in a completely different league.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I still can't figure out why they dropped the Dodge name.

...but yeah, that's hideous.

Because there is no Chrysler pickup truck.

Old system:
    If you're a Dodge dealer, you have a pickup to sell. Pickups are big sellers with good margins.
    If you're a Chrysler dealer, you do not have a pickup to sell. To remedy this, you must buy a Dodge franchise. If there is already a Dodge franchise too close to you, you are screwed. Bale's Chrysler in Jeffersonville had this issue for years and years due to a tiny Dodge dealer nearby. They could not get a pickup to sell.

Dodge and Chrysler overlap on many of the cars (Dart vs 200, etc.) so there is no reason for one dealer to carry both.

This way you can buy a RAM franchise and hook it to either car dealer (Chrysler or Dodge) and not have to carry duplicates.

So, in short, it's a way for more dealers to have the pickup trucks.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Because there is no Chrysler pickup truck.

Old system:
    If you're a Dodge dealer, you have a pickup to sell. Pickups are big sellers with good margins.
    If you're a Chrysler dealer, you do not have a pickup to sell. To remedy this, you must buy a Dodge franchise. If there is already a Dodge franchise too close to you, you are screwed. Bale's Chrysler in Jeffersonville had this issue for years and years due to a tiny Dodge dealer nearby. They could not get a pickup to sell.

Dodge and Chrysler overlap on many of the cars (Dart vs 200, etc.) so there is no reason for one dealer to carry both.

This way you can buy a RAM franchise and hook it to either car dealer (Chrysler or Dodge) and not have to carry duplicates.

So, in short, it's a way for more dealers to have the pickup trucks.

Well, that a reason. I wonder if that spawned any litigation from Dodge dealers who now have to compete with Chrysler dealers to sell trucks. Actually, if they were smart (which is probable) they waited to add the Ram to Chrysler dealers in a given area until the local Dodge dealer's franchise agreement was up for renewal and the agreement contained some interesting new clauses.

Top Bottom