• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The finding / killing of Bin Laden happened on Obama's watch. Obama loves to pat himself on the back for that one, and since it happened on his watch then he gets bragging rights. That's as far as it goes. The true credit belongs to the Navy Seals who risked their necks on that mission.

WOW!!! YOU MEAN KING BARAK FOUND HIM?? I thought it was the Marines or somebody! Navy Seals maybe...

I was obviously being a bit sarcastic when I said HE found him and HE shot him. :):

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The one thing that I can think of is that as part of the Affordable Health Care Act, anyone with a pre existing condition cannot be denied coverage. I have a friend with spinal bipedal and because she wouldn't be able to get and afford coverage once she gets married, she isn't getting married to the government (that part of AHCA hasn't went into affect yet).

Why should insurance companies have to cover pre-existing conditions?

The National Park provision appeared in Section 502 of a bill titled the Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009, which included all sorts of market interference which I'm sure you would disapprove of. Obama's "Credit Card Bill of Rights" passed overwhelmingly with bipartisan support.

More info: What the Credit Card Bill of Rights means for consumers

This, I'm so sick of hearing how good Obama is because he "gave" us carry in parks when everyone here knows full well that a stand-alone bill for carry in parks would never have graced his desk, let alone seen the ink of a pen from his hand.

Just read yeaterday that the money ran out for pre existing conditons and the program ends March 2.

So much for that good thing.
    The program isn't ending. It's simply not taking new applicants. There was only so much money allotted to the pre-existing conditions coverage program and "they" don't want the current covered individuals not to have full benefits, so they are capping the number of enrollees to give each enrollee maximum dollar coverage.

IIRC, the total number of enrollees was something like 300K. Apparently there aren't nearly the number of people adversely affected by the inability to get coverage as we have been led to believe. Or they don't want to pay the similarly high premiums under the government's plan that they would have had to pay under a private plan.

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Declared DOMA unconstitutional and declared support for marriage equality. Been petty good about blowing up terrorists, too.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    He closed Gitmo.
    He ended all war.
    He made the government transparent and responsible.
    He reduced the deficit by half.
    He.....

I fell off my chair laughing.
    Now I need the ACA, which we are being taxed for, but ....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    The one thing that I can think of is that as part of the Affordable Health Care Act, anyone with a pre existing condition cannot be denied coverage. I have a friend with spinal bipedal and because she wouldn't be able to get and afford coverage once she gets married, she isn't getting married to the government (that part of AHCA hasn't went into affect yet).

You know this pre-existing coverage thing is not that great...what good is heath insurance if you cannot afford to buy it. I have not seen anything where it says you won't pay more for health insurance if you have pre existing condition...I mean they just came out and said smokers will pay $5000.00 more per year for Obamacare if they smoke. Did they tell people that before...NO! I guess they must be reading the bill.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    He found and shot Bin Laden. :dunno:

Not sure if it's actually good as many people wanted him to stand trial and not just being murdered though.

O please he said yea go for it...intell from enhanced interrogations before he came into office and the Navy Seals got him. Obama did nothing....he is nothing but a daffodil.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am

So if someone was born with something, how will they get health coverage if they make too much for public assistance? IF someone had cancer, but is cancer free, a insurance company is probably going to deny them coverage, if they are healthy, shouldn't they be able to get coverage that is affordable?

I am not talking about smoking, I am talking about things that can't be prevented for the most part.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    Well when a new Company takes over my insurance then they take over from my last insurance, and that means treating me for my seizures. Not saying its NOT our fault its his. Well its there because the made the agrement with the state to cover me.:dunno:

This, I'm so sick of hearing how good Obama is because he "gave" us carry in parks when everyone here knows full well that a stand-alone bill for carry in parks would never have graced his desk, let alone seen the ink of a pen from his hand.

:rockwoot:

The program isn't ending. It's simply not taking new applicants. There was only so much money allotted to the pre-existing conditions coverage program and "they" don't want the current covered individuals not to have full benefits, so they are capping the number of enrollees to give each enrollee maximum dollar coverage.

IIRC, the total number of enrollees was something like 300K. Apparently there aren't nearly the number of people adversely affected by the inability to get coverage as we have been led to believe. Or they don't want to pay the similarly high premiums under the government's plan that they would have had to pay under a private plan.
    :twocents:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    So if someone was born with something, how will they get health coverage if they make too much for public assistance?

If I'm only dealt an ace high, how will I win the pot? How will someone born blind ever become a surgeon? Life and death aren't fair. I want to live as long as possible too, but is it moral for me to steal money from you (or have someone else steal it on my behalf) in order to prolong my life to a "fair" span?

stesco

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Greensburg
    He sleeps a few hours a night. That alone gives peace to this wonderful country. While sleeping no Executive Orders can be signed.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    So far not a lot of really positives yet. There must be someone out there with a positive to mention everyone can agree on. :)

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    He did promise to cut the deficit in half. He did that, right? Oh wait...

Hey, he did bring us that ultra successful cash for clunkers program.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    He has caused the biggest sale of firearms, ammo and accessories in the history of mankind!

Actually we did that to ourselves.

Unfounded fear mongering from 2008 to 2012 drove sales and prices through the roof. The only thing Der Fuhrer did do concerning guns directly was sign legistlation allowing guns in parks. If I am incorrect please correct me.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    IMO...
    The only good thing he could possibly do would be to get on TV tomorrow morning and say;
    "Effective immediately I will resign my post as President.........."

Top Bottom