• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    Specifically the PM9's and MK40's. I dont here much talk about them around here... It's all Glock this and sig that... :D My wife learned about them yesterday and is in love. She wants to use it as a carry piece, she already has a 26 and likes that quite a bit. She likes these because they are less blocky and more narrow then the 26.

Now usually when the wife finds a gun she likes I am more then obliged to do what ever I can to help her get it... But dang, these things are not cheap. Why are they so rediculouly high price?

Last edited:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Not putting you off, but if you put Kahr in under search there's several posts about them.

Have a PM-9 that I really like. They do have a break in period of about 2-3 hundred rounds, they like to be oiled. The 9's seem to have the least amount of problems. JMO :yesway:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hi quality guns, innovative and the 9mm is known for being very reliable. The company is/was owned by the "Moonies" cult leader's children, not saying that is bad, good or otherwise, just saying that the Rev Sun Yung Moon and his kids are the owners. Some suggest that some profits go to the Moonies, not sure that has been proven or not. They make great guns, price them high, and have loyal customers. Their 40S&W compact guns are reported to be hit or miss in terms of reliability. I've only played with a few models of their guns, all 9mm. All impressed me.

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    Not putting you off, but if you put Kahr in under search there's several posts about them.

Have a PM-9 that I really like. They do have a break in period of about 2-3 hundred rounds, they like to be oiled. The 9's seem to have the least amount of problems. JMO :yesway:

Hummm, guess i don't pay very good attention. Guess they have never really been on my radar either. Thanks for the advice though.

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    They are quality guns

Specifically the PM9's and MK40's. I dont here much talk about them around here... It's all Glock this and sig that... :D My wife learned about them yesterday and is in love. She wants to use it as a carry piece, she already has a 26 and likes that quite a bit. She likes these because they are less blocky and more narow then the 26.

Now usally when the wife finds a gun she like I am more the abliged to do what ever I can to help her get it... But dang, these things are not cheap. Why the rediculouly high price?

I have the all stainless steel MK-40 and it is a very nice gun. Tended to shoot a little low at 25 feet and I was going to send it back to the factory but they suggested to wait until I put a couple hundred rounds through it, probably have 100 plus so far. It is a very well made gun but I would probably get the one that is part poly and part steel as mine is rather heavy for the size. I love mine and am glad I bought it. You thinking 9MM or 40S&W for her? 40 is a tough round to shoot in a gun that size.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I am happy with my MK40. Maybe I was expecting it to be terrible, but the recoil is actually better than I expected. It still barks, but not too bad. For what it is, I couldn't be happier. If you are anywhere near Bloomington I'd be glad to let you or your missus shoot it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have a PM9 that is in my pocket almost every time I go out. It does require 250 rounds to break in per Kahr, but mine has been flawless in well over 1000 rounds and is amazingly accurate for such a tiny pistol.

One of the reasons it is so expensive is that Kahr maintains really tight tolerances. That leads to about the only problem I have with mine. The recoil spring is really stout, and the slide so tight that it is really hard to chamber the first round, which is one reason why the 250 round break in is so important.

In short, I am very happy with mine.

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    Hi quality guns, innovative and the 9mm is known for being very reliable. The company is/was owned by the "Moonies" cult leader's children, not saying that is bad, good or otherwise, just saying that the Rev Sun Yung Moon and his kids are the owners. Some suggest that some profits go to the Moonies, not sure that has been proven or not. They make great guns, price them high, and have loyal customers. Their 40S&W compact guns are reported to be hit or miss in terms of reliability. I've only played with a few models of their guns, all 9mm. All impressed me.

Moonies... Really..? :laugh: I was gonna make a joke about cult followers and loyal customers but I will refrain...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Oh, I forgot to mention, mine is sick accurate too. I was really surprised. Some people have complained about the trigger, but I like it. It is a long trigger pull, but its not super heavy and it doesn't stack up near the end. Long, medium weight, crisp. No complaints from me.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Moonies... Really..? :laugh: I was gonna make a joke about cult followers and loyal customers but I will refrain...

Yes, really. There are all sorts of articles that have been in mainstream newspapers and other publications on the connection between the Unification Church (aka MOONIES) and their connection/ownership of Kahr Arms.

Do a simple google search, check Wikipedia, etc. for "Kahr Moonies" or "Kahr Unification Church"

Here is a Washington Post article: Church's Pistol Firm Exploits a Niche

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have a PM9 and love it. The slide is a bear to rack, but it is a nice gun built to tight tolerances. Shoots well and disappears in my pocket with a Desantis Nemesis holster. The manual does talk about the importance of the break-in period. It is a pricey little gun too.

I carry it with Powrball ammo. I trust it and carry it daily in the summer.

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    Yes, really. There are all sorts of articles that have been in mainstream newspapers and other publications on the connection between the Unification Church (aka MOONIES) and their connection/ownership of Kahr Arms.

Do a simple google search, check Wikipedia, etc. for "Kahr Moonies" or "Kahr Unification Church"

Here is a Washington Post article: Church's Pistol Firm Exploits a Niche

I don't doubt you in the least... I was just surprised... I thought they where all non-violence. Now that's not to say that guns will always cause violence.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have the CW9mm - poly frame and lower cost variety - save about $150.00. I love it. Light and thin. Highly recommended. It is my carry.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I own or have owned several Kahr pistols over the years (currently own a K9 and a P9; have previously owned an MK9, K40, and K40 Elite), and plan on picking up a P380 as soon as they become more readily available. IMO, the smaller and lighter you get, the more problematic they can be. The steel guns tend to be more reliable and easier to shoot accurately than their polymer counterparts, and the 9mms tend to be more reliable than the .40s. I have no direct experience with the .45s.

Kahr is owned by Saeilo Inc., which itself is "an offshoot of a cluster of 15 or so other Moon-affiliated concerns, all in the machine tool or car repair business." (per the article in the link above) I'm sure a portion of Kahr's profits funnel back to the church, but it's not like Reverend Wackjob is calling the shots (pun intended). I've read other reports that describe Justin Moon, the founder of Kahr Arms, as somewhat of a black sheep in the family, with no direct role in the Unification Church. Bottom line - I don't really care.

paburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Fort Branch,IN
    I have a cw9 that I absolutely love to shoot. Slim enough to carry and with a slip on rubber grip $7.99 fits me good. Trigger pull is a little long as Josh above said but easy to get used to since it's so smooth. Accurate, easy to carry, fun to shoot, dependable, can't think of any more adjectives to use.

Top Bottom