• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Saw a Gander Mountain bargain today......

S&W Model 19 six inch blued, really good shape....

Price=$349!!!!!!!

At the Gander mountain in Fort Wayne. Somebody go buy this before I get in trouble.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Once in a while I see a bargain like this. I have picked up a few and never had any problems with any of them.

Electron don

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Evansville
    Wrong end of the state

Stinks to be that far from Ft. Wayne. If their gunsmith would verify working condition, timing etc. I would call in sick to work for that deal.

salamander42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It does happen occasionally. . . Got a Colt 1991a1 Commander at the Gander Mountain here in Indy for about $425. When money got tight and I had to sell it in a hurry, they gave me almost as much as I originally paid for it.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    That is a good deal. YOu really have to watch Gander Mtn. At the Greenwood store about 3-4 years ago, I walked in. Looked at the used handguns,
    There laid a Model 29, before the key thing, series, 6 inch for, the ticketed price was $350.00.
    Needless to say, I grabbed it up fast.
    Could not believe it.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I walked in there for the first time up north along 65, told the employee that the prices were "disgusting", turned around, and vowed never to step foot in there again.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I walked in there for the first time up north along 65, told the employee that the prices were "disgusting", turned around, and vowed never to step foot in there again.

Good.

Then you can leave the intermittent deals to those of us who look for them.

Ain't freedom grand?

-J-

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Oh man, if I hadn't spent all my gun money at 21st Century this past weekend I would be all over that!

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    I will agree with deals being had at gander mountain... I picked up a true Italian Beretta 92f that was a freaking safe queen, for $450. Came with both the black and wood grips, 2 mags, original box and paper cover. Shoots like a dream. Too bad I sold it to a buddy...

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    So far away! But I agree, from time to time there are deals. The castleton Gander had a Ruger in sp something or ether in 357 for 200 that seemed perfect, I wondered if something was wrong with it so i left it.

wildhare

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sometimes, but they had an 1187 premiere there the other day and wanted $999 used! Someone is smoking crack. I wish I could find the guy paying that. I have 6 I would sell! IN A HEARTBEAT.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Yep! When they first opened, they had a Marlin youth bolt-action .22 for sale at $99.00. I had an opening day coupon for another $20.00 off. That rifle has been shot by both of my boys for 3 4H seasons.

ol' poke

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    I bought a used Kahr P40 at a GM a few years ago. Afterwards, the salesman was always quite friendly when I went in, so I asked him a time or two about some of the outrageous prices. He basically advised me that he doesn't even buy most of his guns from them, as they are always high.

My last straw was finding a very nice Ruger 10/22 at a GM in Saginaw, MI, while on a business trip. This was one of the original Ruger's, with a serial number that placed it in late 60's production, walnut stock, just a very nice gun. They refused to sell it to me, stating that they could not sell to someone from Indiana :rolleyes: So they offered to transfer it to the store on the North side of Indy for me, so I could buy it when I got home. I gave them all of my info, and was told the check the store in about a week. A week came and went, I kept calling, but they said my gun never arrived. I was getting irked, so I wandered into the store, and was told that they never received a Ruger 10/22 from Saginaw, MI. :xmad: I walked around the store for a bit, and what do I find, the Ruger is sitting on THEIR rack, marked up by $100. I asked the salesman where that one came from, and he "could not trace a gun, it was probably a trade". BS. What is the likelihood of another '60's production 10/22 showing up. I think they realized it was a good price, decided to try to make some more on it, and put it out to sell for a higher price. Last time I do business with them!:noway:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've seen some pretty good prices on used guns at GM. Colts, S&Ws, P38s, etc.... I think it's one of those things where you just need to be there at the right time.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Found a couple of good deals at the ft wayne gander,A beretta 96 g full size in great condition for 349.95( missed out on that one)& got good deal on my sig 229 in 40 cal

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I tried to buy a rifle in the greenwood store,filled out paperwork ,couldn't find the sales person again. others were to busy so I left. Filled out customer survey online. I was not very kind either. Next day the store manager called said he viewed the security tapes,and tried his best to kiss my ass and come back . told him that I would pay more somewhere else , but there was no where else higher. haven't been back since.

Top Bottom